Advice on IBD

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for nearly a year now I have had diorherra, it started when I was pregnant. I also had a liver problem OC in pregnancy which resulted in having baby early.

So anyway nearly a year on I’m still having diorherra this is mainly within 10-30mins after eating. And having to run to the loo, sometimes I’m on the loo for 10-15mins. I never used to get the cramping associated with diorherra but now I’m getting that every time for the past few weeks. I’ve been back and forth to the GP, seen 4 different GP’s and sent numerous stool samples off and numerous blood tests which every time my ALT was raised. So anyway a few weeks ago I was admitted to SAU for suspected appendicitis, I had a Ultrasound scan and this was at 8am she mentioned that there was a lot of gas and also she could see the bowel was inflamed suggesting colitis maybe? 

When I saw the consultant he put the pain down to ovarian cysts and I was just sent home...

My question is if anyone else is struggling to get any support or a referral at least to the hospital for a colonoscopy.

I’m also getting frequent ulcers in my mouth, get hip pain in my right hip that often prevents me from sleeping on it and also I am struggling with really sore, cracked skin on my hands.

Yesterday I also was struggling to wee and was really bloated.

Any advice is appreciated and also personal stories.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

When I had my last major flare my mouth was covered in ulcers I was admitted for that flare as it was in the transverse colon and they thought I was Septic. Not trying to scare you but keep at these Drs for an answer if it is colitis you have it can get bad very quickly without warning I learned that with last flare. I have issues again not sure what's going on but I'm not bleeding and I hope I dont. Keep check of your temp if you start running a fever go to ER and demand answers a fever means inflammation getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.