Advice on LPR Symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me with advice.

Bit of background, earlier this year, I went to docs with thick mucus and globus ect, was referred to ENT.

ENT did the camera down the throat thing, said I had mild LPR as could see an irritated larynx and some swelling, but apart from that, all looked well. Gave me a four week course of PPI's, told me to cut down on my bad diet and sent me on my way. I did only take the PPI's for about a week as I was so anxious and nauseous, regrettably I put it down to the pills (too much Dr Google), I stopped them but the anxiety continued. Anyway's I got some help and anxiety is now much better. ENT was fine I stopped the pills.

Roll on 8 weeks for check in with the ENT. He does the camera up nose trick, says there is no longer any significant sign of LPR (hoorah!), although a little bit of swelling but in range so discharges me and says the choice is now either PPI's for life or follow a better diet and Gaviscon when needed. I know which one I'll be going for!

I guess the advice I'm looking for is that even though the ENT has said LPR has cleared up, (admittedly symptoms are much better this week), is it normal to continue to have mucus throughout the day and blocked ears etc. I read it can take 3 - 6 months to clear up fully, and I've just passed the 2 months mark so am thinking I'm on the right path and just be patient!? Interestingly, I've been coughing up yellow phlegm in the last 4/5 mornings, is that somehow related to LPR, as I didn't have it before?

The last 8 weeks have been horrid, but I've gained comfort coming on to these forums, although I appreciate others have much worse symptoms than I.

Thank you for any advice you have.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.