Advice on lump above Laparoscopic Incision....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I am new to the group - I had a total hysterectomy with BSO by laparoscopy - 7 days ago.  All went well, although consultant did say it was a difficult op (bowel was stuck to womb). He showed me the before and after photos taken during op - amazing job.  My question is, I have developed a hard lump above my right hand incision - there is more bruising on this side than the left. Tummy button incision is ok at the moment.  Has anyone else had this or should I ring hospital up? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had the same 3 weeks ago and I have lumps where my incisions are, it's just scar tissue.

wish you well in your recovery , take it easy , it's hard if you're a doer like me, but let your body heal at its own pace

• Posted

Many thanks, I am finding it hard with the "taking it slow" part! I am a farmer

And definitely a doer. I can't believe how well I feel (just a period pain ache) - post op! I have been

Out walking with my dogs (off their leads). I feel blessed with a fantastic family

Support group, although missing lambing this year! Hope your recovery is going well too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.