advice on starting

Posted , 6 users are following.

i suffer bad anxiety for 12 months now tried antidepressants cannot tolerate them i'm also 7yrs post meno not on hrt but doctor has given me a choice to try diazapam or librium need some advice on which one is best i'm also on 10mg 3 x a day propranolol for anxiety thanks for reading

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've been on a Dr prescribed benzo daily for 10 years. Well my Dr retired,I wanted to remain on the med as it let me lead a normal life,so far I've been to 2 doctors,all they do is push anti depressants,which I do not want to take. Now I face what I would call a forced med taper. Has the propranolol helped at all? my son takes it now and than for anxiety,I am also considering to try CBD oil in hopes it helps with withdrawal symptoms. Even though Xanax/alpraezolam gave me a great ten years,now that I'm facing a Miriad of docs no longer prescribeing them plus taper and withdrawal,I'd say,don't use it every day,and low dose if you take it. The highest daily dosee I took in 10 years amounted to 2mg a day. It is becoming common for them not to prescribe them unless necessary, I had extreme anxiety and panic attacks. please forgive my typos.

• Posted

To be honest I would not start on Benzos. I used to want them badly, they are great when on them, I was on Vallium and Oxazepam for a short time, loved them! but they are highly addictive.... coming off them is like alcohol withdrawel from what I have heard. I am on Propranonol, I also take cbd oil that contains no THC, also apple cider vinegar first thing in morning diluted-- first drink some skimmed milk, then have a shot of apple cider vinegar diluted with water, drink through a straw, then rinse your mouth to clear any acetic. I would only recommend benzos for temporary use i.e. if your afraid of a situation or before a flight.... not for everyday use though. Trust me, I have seen how addictive they can be. I suffer from bad anxiety myself, i still struggle. Benzos are not the way to go, as also if taken everyday the dosage eventually wont work so you'll want more. You can message me if you want.

• Posted

ty for your reply linds i brought some cbd spray but doc told me because i'm on propranolol which lowers blood pressure anyway taking cbd spray might lower it more so confuseing what mg of propranolol you on? i'm on 30mg a day

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

I am on 60mg a day of propranonol and never seemed to have a problem with cbd, just make sure you buy from the right sort of brand though, start off with a lower volume, i use 5% 😃

• Posted

I so agree,maybe just have a few prescribed ones if you can get them to only take for a panic attack.

• Posted

It has defo helped with the physical symptoms of anxiety-- I used to get really shaky, panic attacks etc, it doesn't really help me mentally, but does have a way of calming me down....

• Posted

How does the propanolol help with anxiety? looking for an alternative after tapering benzo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.