Advice on stomach issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys would like some advice, for the last few weeks I have been experiencing stomach cramps and twinges all over my abdomen area, down flanks either side of belly button and can go round back.

I have lost my appetite which was pretty big, I was 17 stone which is too big anyway but am down to 16 now, food doesn't disgust me but have no interest to eat it maybe psychological.

Embarrassing but this issue has coincided with a bad period of anal itch with blood, but blood was from the itch and not internal, doctor has examined rectum and can't feel anything untoward.

Bowel movements are mixed with no blood as I check being a hypercondriact lol

I am on omerperazol to see if that helps prescribed by doctor after telling him symptoms, he didn't seem to concerned, the gripes and weird feelings have subsided a bit from a week ago but I'm still getting bloated full feelings and had D a few times the other night.

I think it could be ibs as I have suffered for a long time with urgent bowel movements but I have never had these symptoms, also when I lay on my right in bed it's gets sore so have to turn over, it's also getting me down mentally as I can't seem to look forward to anything anymore.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Matt

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It might be IBS.  See your doctor again for tests and diagnosis and try a food diary  to see if a particular food is causing pain and diarrhoea.
  • Posted

Yeah got a doctors appointment booked for 3 weeks time but might try and get emergency to get the ball rolling, I had a good day 2 days ago with symptoms nearly gone but yesterday I had terrible fullness feeling and intermittent pains, still not been eating much, abdomen was tender when in the crouch position, taking kalms as I was getting depressed last week, I think they are working a bit.
    • Posted

Going this morning, had enough just want some tests started to get to the bottom of it.
    • Posted

Tests should help to identify the problem and rule out other causes.
  • Posted

Quick update, had blood test done came back normal, apart from a couple bits of no concern which need to be checked again in 2 months, also had chest X-ray as had occasional heavy breathing but can be associated with acid problems, not had the results of that yet so bit worried of course.

Also a stool test to check for ibd which scares me too lol.

Still have intermittent stomach pains but weirdly no d or c

Will try an ibs diet for a while to see if symptoms finally clear up, it's been a month nearly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.