Advice on SVT Management

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I started having episodes of SVT in November 2019 and it was diagnosed officially in January 2020 after it was caught on ECG. The cardiologists have been amazing, I'm on bisoprolol for now which makes the episodes slightly more manageable but they can still be intrusive. I went in for electrophysiological studies and an ablation in March but they were unable to induce the rhythm and just found "evidence of dual AV nodal physiology". Basically they're seeing how I go now as they couldn't ablate without inducing the rhythm. I'm still getting the rhythms so I've been offered a further voluntary ablation but I've been told there is a risk of needing a pacemaker. I'm only 23 so this would be a major thing for me but I also don't want to be on bisoprolol for the rest of my life. I know my SVT isn't dangerous but it still frightens me sometimes! I'm not sure what to do, so any advice would be great

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.