Advice on switching meds ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's been over 12 weeks on 100 MG of sertraline I still have some panic attacks and severe anxiety ! I'm going to the doctor in the a.m. and I'm seriously thinking about switching but I'm not sure what to go to. I also hate to live though the side effects again But I don't feel like I have a choice. I was on Prozac for a little over a month and that stuff drove me nuts panic attacks were unbelievable so I'm definitely not taking that !

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi, i have found citalopram to be very good for anxiety when i took it in the past, and the side effects should not be too bad for you i expect

u could start on 20mg for a few weeks and then go up if necessary, but not above 40mg a day

• Posted

Hi not sure if GP will allow you to change medication until you get to the max dose of 200mg on sertraline. I'm currently on 200mg myself you should try 150mg see if that's works better for you sometimes you have to go to the max dose before you see good improvements definitely was the case for myself       

• Posted

If i was switching id def try mitrazapine it has far less se than ssris
  • Posted

citalopram was what made me ill in the first place.

but it could eork for you.

but i thunk you should try uooing the dose of sertraline firsr for at leas 6 weeks then if no improvment swap.

i almist swapped from sertraline at thr begining because i was getting worse. but i was advised on here to stick it out and now im really well thank god.

xx

• Posted

Hello

Having a split dose has worked for me,

50 mg as soon as I get up and then another 50 mg about 4pm

No anxiety or panic attacks at all this week

I am at the end if week 5

My Doctor told me to try and see if splitting the dose would be OK , as I didn't want to go straight to 100 mg

• Posted

I had to come off sertraline but just stopped it didn't do it slowly. Now and again my head feels weird. When I turn it it feels like my eyes are coming a second later.!! What the hell is rhat.?

• Posted

Going to 150
    • Posted

keep us posted michelle, certainly a good chance that a few weeks (or even days if you are lucky!) on 150mg will be the answer for you 
  • Posted

Good luck Michelle

I'm on 200mg have been for three weeks I'm hoping this will work just keep thinking S I've upped dosage it has to work it has before and took about 4 months ish

Been on sertraline for 3 and still praying🙏🏼

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.