Advice on treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 55 and was diagnosed with chiari in June. I have head and neck aches, some dizziness and nausea that causes vomiting. My daughters wedding is a week and a half away and the Anti inflammatory drugs I was given are helping the head aches a little but the stomach trouble is making it hard to function. I had the stomach trouble before meds so I can't blame it on that. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Possibly go and see your GP and explain your symptoms. They may be able to give you some anti sickness medication. If you can, try and make sure you eat before taking your anti-inflammatory medication as you shouldn't take them on an empty stomach. Hopefully that will help smile

• Posted

My advice is to take it easy.  Just RELAX.  Exertion makes all of the symptoms surface and just linger--makes everything so much harder.  When you're at the wedding don't dance too hard, drink a lot of WATER and not a ton of alcohol, eat less greasy foods as it is easier on the stomach.  The best thing to do is relax.  If the music is loud or the lights are too bright, step out for a minutes and take a few deep breaths to get more oxygen into your system. Deep breathing is helpful for me and I have Chiari.  Just take it slow.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Hang in there smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.