Advice on urge incontinence and wearing pads and underwear.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 17 and have urge incontinence and I have to wear high capacity pads and incontinence underwear. I am worried and nervous that someone will see my underwear or see my spare pads in my bag. Does anyone have advice? for example what to do in college, what to do and bring on holiday, what to do while swimming and what to do with my friends I'm really nervous any advice would be great.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey I completely get it. I am 20 and suffer from chronic bladder leakage which happens everytime I pee. I just leak for like 10 minutes straight. Since it happens day and night for me 24\7. I go to college I am very active. When your in college I carry mainly incontinence underwear. Pads don't work for me. So I wear one in the mornings and if I get hot or uncomfortable I just don't wear any. And just wear shorts. I try my best to wear Nike drifit shorts as often as possible. So that if I can't wear pullups. Because of a skin rash or I get too wet. I just keep them off and leak in my shorts until I get home. Just make sure you allow your skin to breathe as much as possible. If you feel uncomfortable ever. Allow your skin to breathe for a couple of hours. Take 2 showers a day and a shower after workouts. Don't wear protective underwear while you sweat, workout, or swim. It will just be problematic. If you pee uncontrollably then just keep your skin clean and fresh as long as possible to prevent skin problems. Keep 2 in your back pack just in case. Don't use pads. Just stick to straight incontinence underwear. It's way more effective. I've tried every incontinence product on the market. My favorite Is by TYE Medical. They are called Ultimate protective underwear. And I just order my stuff on amazon or on the websites. They always come discreet so I never worry. I don't tell anyone about my problem unless I really like the girl. Or it truly is effecting my work performance. Don't tell your managers or your bosses unless you need to because everyone will find out. If you expirence the excessive urge to pee and your in college classes or at works try to hold it for 2 hours each time you need to go. It will truly help you. Anyways I feel ya. You got this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.