Advice on working after tvh and anterior repair 20 months on

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello ladies,

can anyone advice me on the following p,please 🤗

I'm age 51,slim and otherwise fit and well,before my surgery I have always worked in retail.

my last job was a ladies clothing store working parttime hours but on my feet for 5 hrs at a time.

my consultant proff has always told me that standing for long periods causing strain on the pelvic floor especially after all that surgery.

this is my predicament ladies... for my mental wellbeing and of course financially I really need to get back to work but for the last 12 months I've been looking for receptionist roles as advised by my consultant but unfortunately due to my age and retraining after so long in customer service I'm having no luck at with work and just wondering if any of yiu would return back to your original job yiu had previously if yiu needed the money?

I really dont want to out my repair at risk by standing and being active on my feet . my back wall is a bit weak also but for now I'm coping.

any advice from anyone that can advice me on what they would do in my situation.

thanks ladies..keep on trucking 🌝

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think I would ask for some physical therapy to help you learn how to keep the area strong. I've been working with a physical therapist, and it has been helping a lot.

• Posted

hi Kathleen

thankyou for your reply. yes I've had physical therapy after my op and I also use innovo pelvuc floor exerciser to help keep everything strong again.

I just think I'm over paranoid lol.x

• Posted

Im worried about this sane thing! I'm having surgery Dec 10 for bladder prolapse(had it done 2 yrs ago and it fell again)I work in an assisted living facility so I am on my feet walking sometimes 7 hours a day.I'm so afraid I'm gonna mess it up again.Right now my bladder is hanging under my urethra and slipping out of my vagina

• Posted

hi angel

I had my first anterior done April 2016 and that failed through no fault of my own.

I think it was technique of the previous surgeon..

my present consultant is a top man in Urogynacologist but sometimes it's just our bodies.

the job I had didn't consist of heavy lifting but my proff consultant told me standing really does strain our muscles after surgery.. with you I would be concerned about standing all day in the early months after yiur op.

I really think exercises are key after all these ops,that's all we can do really hun as life must go on.

I know how you feel hun,I'm exactly the same.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.