Advice/ PiP for depression/anxiety/asthma

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi im new here , i have severe depression, Anxiety , severe asthma also chronic acid reflux pain which i am awaiting further investigations as the meds dont always work . I cannot go out on my own and i cannot stand being around people i dont know or large groups . i mostly keep myself locked away in the house , i suffer from really bad nightmares and so i dont always get much sleep an i am always fealing down n fatigued. i get stressed and worry and panic most often for no reason and cant explain why ,most times its thinking about having to go out as i cannot go on public transport my dad takes me to appointments  thats about all i can manage, i have had thoughts of suicide . i have SH a few times starting back in 1999 but i was only diagnosed in 2012, i only went to the dr that day as i was attacked by a group and had to get treated for a perforated ear drum due to being attacked. i applied for PiP and was awarded 0 points back in 2013 so i left it, but after reading comments here i have applied again on 01/09/2016 and given more information .

my kids have to help me around the house with chores my daughter often cooks as i just cannot bring myself todo it .  since sending off the form ive been through so many emotions the past few days from worried , stressed, tearfull , worthlessness .

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You will be asked to go to a assesment take all your doctors letters and/ir consultant letters refering to your illness.you could ask your doctor to write a letter for a home visit.
  • Posted

I have Been ill for over twenty years With Depreshon ,panick attacks and reastly IBs ,I allso have asthma and a underactive throide I was on Dla for life Scrapt and had two go for a pip asment  so called got 2 points no pip that's after Geting Dla for twenty years .had a mandontorey reconsiderashon got 11 points so pip I am still £100 every 4 weeks worse off than Dla on pip  at least I got the pip thanks two a supporting gp letter. And. A. Deshon macker who Deside two use the evidence from my gp

• Posted

Chin up this site is really good they are a lot of people like yourself on the site.

I no how u feel I get really down

But the kids help I have been really bad for over 16 year and the doc have been pushing me to go on the sick but me been proud would no go through all this cary on.but in the end I give in to go for pip just waiting now.chin up someone will help u get though it good luck

• Posted

im thinking i shouldnt of bothered since ive put it in ive been worrying more and waking up frew the night much more with bad asthma attacks due to the stress and worry
    • Posted

Hi Basttiian same here I go to bed about 9.30 coz of my tablets then I wake up about 12-1 then go back to bed at about 4 so I no what u are going through Basttiian just hope something good comes some
  • Posted

Posted form on 1st september , received a text this morning saying form received and they will be in touch if i need togo to a appointment . my issue is i know i wont be able to go as even thinking about going out i start to panic even if its days or weeks away , my anxiety goes really bad which in turn makes my asthma worse .
    • Posted

You will need to get a d9ctors letter requestibg a home visit.they might do a paper decision but to be on the dafe side get your dic to do a letter then send it to dwp pip
    • Posted

Hi i asked for a home visit but they refused and sent me a new appointment , i am due to go tomorrow at 9am ive hardly slept past 2 nights and my asthma has been quite bad cause of my anxiety and stressing . ive woken 7 times last night frew worry 3 times wheezing and needing to take my meds 
    • Posted

I was a nervous wreck wheezed the entire assesment . some strange questions was asked if i would be able to drive if my dad or someone was with me that kinda frew me . but ive just had text today saying tehy have all teh info they require and will be in touch with a decision 
    • Posted

Hi Bastilan same here some of the questions he asked like he had 3 things in he's hand told me to say what there were then later on he ask me to tell him what there were. All depends on who u see at the time

• Posted

Yeah i had that too she said 3 things n asked me what they were later aand asked me to spell world backwards. on the drive home my dad told me i got them wrong id gave her 2 correct answers dont know what 3rd word was tho but i had apparently said world in its place 
    • Posted

Yes same here ask me to take way this number then add this number I had no clue lol and the things he was saying was out of my head but he new he's gob he was a padamedic so he new what you where saying if u no what I mean he never done my reflects coz of my back and nerve damage in my legs. Coz my legs go over my head when there do them but it as taking 16 year for me to do this coz to proud

• Posted

Hi ya hun i have low moods anxiety depression severe bad back and severe copd over also just applied for pip citizens advice filled in my forms the lady said whsts wrong with me I should qualifie for enhanced care and enhanced mobility I've got my assessment at home on weds not looking forward to it could you let me know what your decision was in will let you know my decision once I hear as it's good for others to see what people's outcome is it can't hardly walk now due to my breathing and my back my partner and daughter do all my cares but I've got the ct scan results for my coped and also got middle lope collapsed lung I did send all the evidence with my claim my doctor also has printed of my mri scan on from my back as I have slipped disc pressing on my spine and nerves well hope your outcome is a positive one will keep you updated you should here soon my friend got her decision back within 10 days also got backdated money fingers crossed for us both x

• Posted

All I can say is good luck!!

?I have for the past 21 years had High Mobility & Middle Care of DLA.

When I was told to transfer to PIP I checked on a well known website to see what award I should get. It came back saying no award due.

?Cut a long story short I claimed Attendance Allowance next ( a benefit similar to DLA without the Mobility element for those over 65). I honestly believed that I should get it - after the home assessment I was told by the DWP that I no longer have any care needs so no award.

?Still as disabled but hey ho, I suppose that is how things are today.  

• Posted

hI ya hun assessment went ok had a text yesterday saying they had got all the information they need and I will get a letter soon with decision so it's a sit and wait game now I will let you know how I get on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.