advice please!! :-(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi , 

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Three months ago I was diagnosed with a 7cm by 6cm cyst. I have been in a lot of pain in my stomach and under my ribs, around my back and right side of my abdomen. I have lost so much wieght as I feel sick and full. My stools are abnormal all the time. I feel like theres a blockage like I need the loo all the time. My gastroenterologist didnt find anything and said it was ibs. Could this all be down to my cyst?. Im waiting to have it out but getting seriously down about it all.

many thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yeah it can be the cyst hun. I was the same. When i first started with the pain the dr said i was just constipated when i wasnt at all. The cyst can push on your bowel and other organs at times. Are you using any pain relief? Certain ones such as cocodamol tend to constipate you aswell. I bought senakot for when it was really bad and that usually helped x
  • Posted

Thankyou hun. Ive tried codine (from my mum) paracetamol and mebevererine (for ibs). None work. Get pain after ive eaten too , bloated and sore under my ribs. Hopefully its all down to this cyst . Did you feel better when it came out? Did it take long to heal?

Thankyou for responding xx

• Posted

Yeah codiene can make you constipated. The bloating is the awful too. Drs kept thinking i was pregnant when they felt my stomach it was rock hard. To be honest all forms of pain relief never worked for me either when i was suffering. It was just every time i moved or walked a few metres i would just be in excrutiating pain. I had my op in october and i feel great now. Totally back to normal. Are you having open surgery or key hole? Have they given you a date yet or anything? Xx
  • Posted

Hi both I have the same symptoms , I have like a pulling gnawing sensation from just under ribs to right hand groin, I get terrible constipation too, I often think I have an ovarian cyst, dr sent me for an abdominal scan what diagnosed gallstones, but didn't do a pelvis scan, I had routine blood tests which came back normal, what other symptoms have you had with cyst? What type of cyst do you both have? X
  • Posted

It was some complex name i dont remember when the dr told me but she said it was a fluid filled cyst which are generally benign which mine was when they had done tests and they said when they removed it it was the size of a small grapefruit about 12cm. It had done so much damage to my ovary that they had to remove that too. If you think there is anything wrong then demand a scan. I ended up in a and e and they did as much as they could said it looked to be a cyst when they did the ultrasound scan. Really they should send you for an abdominal mri or something just to be certain x
  • Posted

Hey there, sorry for jumping in. I was just wondering if any of you could shed some light on what's going on with me. I have has severe back pain, abdominal pain, sickness and always feeling tired for about a year now. I went to the doctors a month ago. (For the third time) I have had three scans all of which they can't find my left ovary. In my third scan they have found a dermoid cyst measuring 6.7x7.6x6.7 cm. Im Really worried there going to have to remove my potentially only ovary along with my cyst. I'm waiting for my appointment for the Gynecologist. Which is an emergency appointment as I am only 21 with no children. Any advice would be great thanks Hannah xx
  • Posted

Same symptoms as me then. Mine is simple they think. I asked my gynecologist if the stomach problems could be related and she said she couldnt say. Did any of you have pain when you ate?.

P.s they should be able to remove your cyst fine hannah if its simple. About 1 in 200 people havr complications leading to the ovary being removed ( so I was told)

Waiting for this nightmare to end as im on the loo all day and so sore and full feeling. Not eating is miserable too!

• Posted

Hi there

Firstly I have ibs and merbeverine are rubbish!! Merbentyl are ok for spasms but I find watching what you eat and drink works best.

I have 3 cysts, 2 Orange size on my left ovary and a grapefruit size on my right. I get a lot of lower back pain, feeling bloated and full, heartburn, stabby pains on my right side, and a period like aching all the time, and my periods are horrific, so yes your symptoms could well be your cyst. I get tired a lot and breathless too. I am on the waiting list for a hysterectomy. I take cocodamol for the pain but it can constipate you, also hot baths and hot packs can help.

It's pretty much wait till the op and manage with me so I hope things go better for you

Dawn x

• Posted

Thank you. I'm not sure if google is a good or bad thing. Finding lots of good and bad things. Hopefully everyone gets everything sorted out soon. I sure do hope to have this sorted soon, as the waiting around is the worst thing for me. I'm a carer too so I'm worried I won't be able to return to work as fast as people do who work in an office. I seem to have gained weight too. But only on my stomach. I've tried losing the weight but nothing is working. I'm just glad they have finally found something as I was starting to think the pain was in my head rolleyes xx
  • Posted

I am the same hannah I work in a nursery so lots of bending and picking up. My gynecologist advised 2 weeks off by that time we should be better.

How long did it take you guys to recover?

Did anyone have pain when eating and funny stools with thier cyst? Mine are all over the place.

thanks guys

• Posted

I had open surgery for mine. Im also a carer and the dr wanted me to have 3 months off work but i was back after 2 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.