advice please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I really suck at this no drinking! sad I managed nearly 3 full days and then ruined it all by having a couple of cans, then last night had 3 and a half cans and got drunk again!!

I've been trawling the tinterweb and found a herbal remedy called Kudzu. Has anyone ever tried it? I will try anything at this point, because self control alone aint doing zip!

The orb fairy

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi orb

may i just say well done for the drink free days you did manage. It is hard, very hard. you haven't failed cause next time you can add one more day of no drinking. It's like trying to stop self harming - you take it a day at a time - each is a triumph - so don't beat yourself.

I know there are loads of different things out there, I don't know the usefulness of any of them. This may be hard but how about posting on alchohol forum and see how they cope.

It is all about support networks as well. Keep in touch, you have people who care about you and are there for you if you need to talk.

pm me if you need to

hope I haven't waffled too much

x

girl

• Posted

Hi orb just ant say well don 4drink free days.

Girl tanku 4 support.

Well don take care guys.

• Posted

Hi Girl,

Thanks for your support. gonna try again to stay drink free over the weekend. How are you?

• Posted

hi orb

not managed to keep 2 my drink free week either. session with edu this morning, drained. have birthday party to go to on sat, not really in mood but have said going to go so will.

look after self, hope today been ok.

girl

• Posted

Hi Girl & Orb,

I must say i think drinking and depression go hand in hand for me. The worse i feel, the more i fancy a drink. I know it is known to worsen depression, but at the time a couple of glasses of wine feel good and helps me relax. I have to admit since i started suffering stress/depression my alcohol intake has increased.

I am going to try and cut down, but i am not going to beat myself up about it. I want to sort my head out first, then when i am on a more even balance hopefully it will be easier to cut down on the booze.

Take care

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

You see i have a problem here, because i'm being treated for my depression thru the alcohol unit its the drinking i have to tackle first! If i cant then they will let me go and then i wont be able to sort my head out!!

catch 22 really. :?

• Posted

Hello, I have been through hell and back, nearly died but I have never taken to drink, infact its the last thing I want when I feel so ill and depressed, maybe its because my mum was a drinker and when she was drunk she would say she loved me which I hated because when she was sober she just was horrible, all drink does is mess with your head,makes you worse and affects the people who are close around you.
  • Posted

Hi Guest,

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences. Both my mum and dad where very heavy drinkers ended up with my dad dying and my mum becoming a full blown alcoholic (all be it a functioning one). It just a habit that we've seem to have picked up as wrong as that may be.

I'm happy for you and your abstinence from alcohol, not all of us have that strength or the education to find another way to cope. Thats why we are here asking for help!!

Anyway i seem to be getting off my train of post. I was asking about advice about Kudzu! Still hasnt come thru the post yet, maybe today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.