Advice please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I am a dwarf, 4ft 5.

I gained employment as a supervisor in Poundworld which was amazing.... then i started to realise the strain it had on me... the constant standing up and walking around absoluely hurt my legs and knees.

I was even made to pull deliveries from the lorry drag through the shop and into the warehouse... these pallets were huge and were over 6ft in height.. I was using a pallet lifter which constantly caused my pain.

A new manager started a few weeks ago and he still left me on delivery mornings even though i was told by my fellow colleagues that they were sure its against manual handling and health and safety for me to be doing it...

Anyways, today i resigned because basically i couldnt do it anymore... the standing up and constant moving around the the delivery mornings.... anyone with a brain cell should see that i shouldnt be pulling those pallets.

Please can someone advise where i stand? I live a home and pay £350 rent a month to which now i have no income... I was told by people i know i couldnt claim JSA as i resigned from my job. I currently get PIP standard living.

Can i make a claim against my old company? Can i still get JSA? is there any other benefit avaiable to me? This is causing my upset as im in pain and with no money because of this.

Please advise me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This is complicated because you left your job. However in your case it maybe differnet because of your disability. I don't think this will help you claim benefits though but i'm not 100% sure on this. I'm urgently advicing you to ring CAB asap first thing in the morning and they'll advice you on your next step. Sorry i couldn't be of anymore help. Please let us know what they advice you.

• Posted

Hi Natalie I'm really sorry that you have found yourself in this predicament, firstly you need to go to your local job centre and sign on, I'm not sure if you will be able to claim straight away but you will be already signing which will get them to look at your situation.

You really should have contacted the job centre and the management of said company in writing voicing your problems.

I have PM you with a very good guide to in work problem solving.

Because you actually left then your chance of any form of claim is more or less non existent

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.