Advice please.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. 

Iv suffered from migraines on and off all my life I'm nearly 57. 

I usually get visual disturbances and feel nauseous and it lasts for a few hours to having it all day.

but this past week iv had a lot of headaches and felt nauseous and tummy been very tender. 

Could this be a sign of what's called cluster migraines?? 

Does anyone else get cluster migraines. Also when I bend it feels like pressure in my head and behind my left eye. 

any advice would be much appreciated and how do you control your migraines. Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Julie. 

I've read cluster headaches occur more in men and often at night. 

Are you on any sort of daily preventative medicine? If you get migraines regularly and you're not you might consider it as frequent use of abortive medications can cause rebound headaches. I prefer the natural approach - magnesium, 5htp, progesterone, B6. I've left my whole approach on other messages so if you search here you should find some good information.

Best to you. 

Patricia

• Posted

Hi thank you for the reply.

i can go months without any, then I get a few clustered together.

im on HRT one every other day and now antidepressants due to anxiety.

im a stress head too which doesn't help.

funny enough when I had a headache the other day and had to go to work I ate a banana and some almonds and it went, coincidence I don't know,

will have a look Patricia thank you 

• Posted

could it be that potassium or protein that helps?
    • Posted

Hi 

I was having a banana every day and I didn't seem to get has many so it prob is the potassium I'm lacking 

👍🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.