Advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have gallstones just waiting to go for a pre-op end of this month. After it keeps being cancelled. Last Tuesday I had three attacks, within a hour of each other. Each lasting like 30mins each. And ever since then I've keep having attacks like 2-3 a day. It doesn't matter what I eat anymore. I can eat a apple and be in pain and throwing up. And since Saturday I've been coughing non stop, started while having a attack. Has anyone had anything like this? Any advice please. Thanks

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow, I don't know how you're doing it! I'd have lost it on the surgeon long before that. I've found if I eat smaller meals it helps. Stay clear of apples, red wine, spagetti sauce and chocolate. Those were the "lessons learned" foods. Popsicles are my new best friend! Hope you get answers soon.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of your pain. Try eating a salad of cooked beet(root) cucmber and celery, as theyse are foods known to ease the pain of gallbladder disease. Aslo drink apple juice, not from concentrte to clear the sludge
  • Posted

KDH-I ate an apple last Saturday after the ER & I had to take one of my pain killers because I felt the onset of the pain coming. So, 12sandy12stay away from that stuff. I would really recomend you MAKE sure it's your gallbladder, because I regret taking mine out. Not to scare you, but just do your research please. I hope you get better, I really do and again do your research and ask a lot of questions, don't let the doctor push you to do the surgery and then you find out it's something else. Prayers for you.
  • Posted

Hi, i also have gallstones. I had a baby on feb 14th and 2 weeks later was taken to hospital with sickness and pain, i have an ultra sound and ct and was told i have pancreatitia due to the gallstones. Since then i have good days and bad days with pain and sickness, i just take some painkillers, sometimes they take a while. Im having my gallbladder out on 22nd may and cant come quick enough. Ive been bad since sat night and still bad now. With the pain coming and going sometimes hardly any pain for weeks, is this still acute pancreatitis, i keep worrying now. 
  • Posted

I ended up in a&e on Monday night with real bad pain lasting hours. They took some blood test s and said I was fine and sent me home. When I got home I was throwing up even water. Sweating . Only way I could find to ease the pain abit was to sit in a freezing cold bath, then at 4am there was a knock on door.,, was the ambulance saying the hospital requested I went in. There had relooked at blood tests and  found I got pancreastis. And I had a stone blocking in bile duct, and I had jaundice
  • Posted

I had to have sphincterotomy to remove blocking stone. Finally got today and have to go back in 6weeks to remove gallbladder. Glad to be pain free again smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.