advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi hope you can help me for the last 3 or 4 month i have been in constant pain in my lower abdomen and also feel like there is a big ball in there. i have been to the docs twice with it and they first came up with water infection and now thinks it something to do with bowel. Im not so sure as the tablets they have given me for pain and bowel are not working and also my stomach just keeps getting bigger and more painful i think it might be ovarian cysts has anyone else had these symptons as sick of being in pain and looking 6 months pregnant many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Winnie

Is you pain one side or the other ?

Ovarian cyst pain can feel like period pain, what is your pain like ?

I have just had both my overies removed and still have lower right burning pain that goes into my hip.

My aunt had a 23lb cyst and she looked like she was pregnant - I think you had better go back to your gp and ask for a scan. I know it's a worry, I have been worrying since september of last year and still not sure my problem is resolved. I have now made another appointment to see a gp as they also suggested my original problem could be my bowel. I am terrified of having a colonoscopy but I think not knowing is worse.

Let me know how you get on but don't let it carry on

good luck with it all

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying the pian is mostly one side but i do get it both sides and also the pain is very like a period pain and feels like i have got a big ball in my stomach

the docs wanted me to wait 2 weeks before i went bac but not going to wait now also went for the results of routine blood tests 2day and they told that i needed to c the doctor which is also worrying hope everthing gets sorted with soon and will keep you informed thanks again for replying

• Posted

Hi winnie

I had to go back to see the doctor about my blood test results it tured out I was borderline aenemic. I did try to explain that I had heavy periods and it could be attributed to that. So you might be recalled to be told something as simple as that, I know they insisted I see a doctor and that freaked me out.

It does sound like an ovrian cyst though, have you had a scan ?

Let me know how you get on.

Tracey

• Posted

Hi tracey

I saw the doctor for blood test and it turn out that they are normal and the doc couldnt understand why i was told i needed to see the doctor even though it was another doctor that checked the blood test any said i needed to see a doctor so not very happy about that and not confident that either of them have got it wright. The only good thing too come out it is they are going to now send me for a scan which i am wiating to here about and will let you know how i get on and thanks for replying again and hope everything is ok with you thanks winnie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.