Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'.ve been on 150mg Venlaflaxine for about 10 weeks now and am just starting to feel better. I'd considered stopping it several times as I felt it was doing nothing but seemed to have turned a corner. I just wanted to know at what dosage does it become SSRNI or is it that at lowest dosde. Had so much different advice, some say it becomes SSRNI above 150 some say at 150 so am confused.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sounds good!

At 150 you reach SNRI threshold. You are reaping SNRI therapeutic effects at 150 already. Hope you keep improving. It is very slow on ven but when it does kick in it is usually very smooth. x

• Posted

Just out of interest are you on it for anxiety or depression ?

Did the good effect come on suddenly or sneak up on you ?

Did you have any side effects ?

Sorry for all the questions.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm on it for anxiety and depression.

The good effect really did creep up very slowly with subtle changes. I expected it to work more quickly and as I say was close to giving up several times but glad I stuck with it. I still have a long way to go.

Side effects - initially made my anxiety worse - that went on for ages. Weird dreams but wearing off now.My memory is not so good - have to keep making lists !

Ask as many questions as you want. Glad to help if I can

• Posted

For the instant release formulation I think the SNRI effects start at 225mg. Probably lower doses required for controlled release.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.