Advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi not sure how to start but 3 weeks ago I was rushed into hospital with burning in chest and hot sweats I've had 3 ecg and bloods all normal so I went to dr and was told it's acid reflux my question is with me I get it all day nothing seems to helps besides chewing gum I also get hot flushes with it that's on and off all day lump in throat could this really be acid reflux I also suffer with shaking and feeling dizzy any help would be great ty

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Teresa, do you have a GI?  If not, get a referral and ask for an endoscopy.  It does sound like reflux, so your best option right now is to go on a reflux diet until this is done.  So any food that triggers the reflux needs to be removed for now.  If you are like me which foods do not trigger my reflux (but I have reflux), then just do a  google for reflux foods but you need to have an endoscopy to find out more about your reflux. Are you taking any medication for reflux like PPI's or H2 Blockers?

• Posted

No I haven't I'm only on inhaler for my asthma so no other meds think it's time for more testing I've cut loads of food out gave up fizzy drink and coffee I don't drink drink so I'm running outta ideas on what's doing it it's just there all the time ty for the advice

• Posted

Yes it's acid reflux doing all that and you probably having anxiety also you will be fine I myself have been battling with it for about 3 years not fun but you will be fine. God bless you

• Posted

Its a night mare this morning I've woke with hot flushes and feeling shaky also feels like my chest is bruised today if this is acid reflux I really don't like it as it's taking it right out of me thank you for advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.