Advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Partner is diabetic and recently I have been going to the loo a lot and been excessively thirsty, so hr said check my blood levels on his machine and my reading is 8.4???? Should I be concerned and advice appreciate. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If your partner is diabetic and checks his blood sugar he should know what the normal levels are for blood sugar. I was told 5-7 which means that yours is slightly raised. Given your symptoms as well you should be concerned and I would advise to see your GP to have an HbA1c blood test done so that you will know for sure either way.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply. Yes of course he knows his normal levels as he is a diagnosed diabetic and on meds ...but didn't know what a non diabetic should be lol. Thanks again for reply, will mention it when next in the docs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.