Skip to content
Ad

Diabetes

Also known as Blood Sugar Disorders, Cranial Diabetes Insipidus , Gliclazide, Glucose Tests, Hyperglycaemia, Hypoglycaemia, Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus , Pre-diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Type 2 diabetes genes ?

My mother recently diagnosed with type 2D at the age of 52,she is a bit overweight(belly fat) i want to know how the genes work and what is my chances that her diabetic gen is passed to ME So my mother have 7 brothers 2 of them have D her mother don't so is her father  my father have 0 family...

• Need to put on weight!!

I have been unwell for the last year with kidney stones. These have recently been removed so on the road to recovery. Problem is I have lost quite a lot of weight and need to start putting it back on. But I have Type 2 Diabetes so have tried to cut out sugary carbohydrate foods which of course is one...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Eating meal after insulin

Hi, new to the group ... and diabetes. ​Don't see a lot (any) traffic involving insulin, but here goes. ​Dumb question - after injecting insulin you really want to start eating within just a minute or two (or maybe a minute or two before), but how long is OK to finish a meal?  Should you rush...

Posted
  • Type 2 diabetes genes ?

My mother recently diagnosed with type 2D at the age of 52,she is a bit overweight(belly fat) i want to know how the genes work and what is my chances that her diabetic gen is passed to ME So my mother have 7 brothers 2 of them have D her mother don't so is her father  my father have 0 family...

Posted
  • My diabetes insipidus journey

I'm a 34 years old and was diagnosed with central diabetes insipidus in Sept 07. This diagnosis followed a prolonged headache (about 2 weeks) and fever (10 days) after which I became extremely thirsty and could hardly sleep for getting up in the night to go to the bathroom! Unfortunately the...

Last reply
  • worried about constant thirst? possible diabetes?

Hi, for the past 5 days I have been uncontrollably thirsty and I am unable to quench my thirst, I am also  going to the toilet a lot more. (which does make sense!)My thirst has been my mouth and throat feeling really dry. I haven’t got any other symptoms of diabetes that i’m aware of. If anyone...

Last reply
  • Misc. information true or false.

I was looking for diabetes recipes when I came across the following information.  I don't know if it's rubbish or worth taking note of. Vitamin E & C are useful in reducing and balancing blood sugar also Fish oil. ​Magnesium, Multi B vitamins, Evening Primrose Oil, Zinc.  Sounds...

Last reply
  • Blood test to check glucose level...

To know whether one has diabetes or not ? What test to take in these below mentioned tests... Am confused which one to take among these... Suggest one... Pls ... 1.Random blood glucose level. 2.Fasting blood glucose level. 3.The HbA1c blood test. 4.Oral glucose tolerance test. 5.Capillary blood glucose...

Last reply
  • Possible symptoms of diabetes?

Hi. For a while now (at least a 2 years probably longer) I've been having some odd symptoms and I've just been wondering if they can be symptoms of diabetes. One of the most concerning to me is visual abnormalities. For example earlier on today I was walking through town feeling a bit off. A...

Last reply
  • Do i have diabetics ?

My  fasting glucose is 96. My A1BC is 5.6. For past 3 to 4 years i have the following symptoms where i feel some pressure on my face especially on the sides of the eyelid and below  the eyes and some dizziness/imbalance with blurry vision(long distance) and urinate every 2 hours.I also have...

Last reply
  • Need to put on weight!!

I have been unwell for the last year with kidney stones. These have recently been removed so on the road to recovery. Problem is I have lost quite a lot of weight and need to start putting it back on. But I have Type 2 Diabetes so have tried to cut out sugary carbohydrate foods which of course is one...

Posted
  • I need help, could it be diabetes?

For a fair while I've had drops, in what I think is my blood sugar, several times a day. I end up feeling extremely dizzy, faint and "distant" and very lethargic, the only way that I feel better it to have a drink such as original lucozade energy or sugary and even then it takes a while. The...

Last reply
  • Glucose test

I've just had a glucose tolerance test and it has come back as being faults which I'm guessing is a good thing. So I guess my question would be is it possible to still have blood sugar problems if this test comes back okay? My ac-1 test was slightly elevated at 5.8. The reason why I'm wondering...

Last reply
  • Help! Wake up disoriented, shaking internally, feeling awful!

5 months ago i woke up felt strange light headed and a little disoriented went to the toilet and on returning to my bed felt very much like i was blacking out. My body was shaking uncontrollably I was feeling very cold, tight across the lower back of head, felt as though my tongue was a lil swollen...

Last reply
  • Vision and blood sugar

I have been having pretty constant vision problems for the past 7 months. A few months ago I took my blood sugar levels at my dad's house and after eating it was 180. The next day I took it again after eating it was 170. So I called my doctor and he ordered in ac-1 test. It came back at 5.8 which...

Last reply
  • Am I Hypoglycemic? Please help

To make a long story short... I've had general Anxiety for about 9 months now.. but it's more mental anxiety / hypochondriac than anything. I constantly feel like I have some disease because I have all the same symptoms.. I'm currently on Lexapro 10mg so I know those have some side effects.....

Last reply
  • Can i have diabetes if test were negative?

Hello guys! I was tested for diabetes a few weeks ago and my doctor said i don't have it.  Blood sugar 1 hour after meal was 97 mg/dl (i should be tested 2 hours after meal but i was in a hurry and i went there earlier). Hba1c was 5.5% (also tested 1 hour after meal) Fasting blood glucose test...

Last reply
  • A querry of what specifically cased the waisting

Hello All, I have a strange diabetic story in that I was originally flagged for having a high blood sugar at an early age (15), of between 250 and 300, after the second two-a- days practice for football. It was into the third week of my Sophomore football season's practices that our team had our...

Last reply
  • Diabetes

Hi! How Diabetes affects your life? Do people with Type 2 Diabetes have a shorter life span? It still affects you if you keep your blood sugar level normal? Could you tell me what food to avoid and what food is good for Diabetes? Thank you!

Last reply
  • Diabetes?

Hello, Can it be Diabetes if someone has the blood sugar level between 110-120 almost all the time but in the last 2 months he had only 3 times very high glucose levels (130,133,142) ? Thank you!

Last reply
  • Given insulin in hospital

Recently I was admitted to the hospital overnight for something not related to diabetes. I gave them my medication list when I was admitted. It included Metformin which I take 3 times a day. I was shocked when the nurse gave me a shot of insulin instead of Metformin. Has this happened to anyone else?...

Last reply
  • Fasting Blood Test 5.9

Hi, have just had a fasting test which came out at 5.9, never been high before, I have been told I need to speak to the practice nurse, as whilst this is not a diagnosis for diabetes, told it could lead there.  I do like sweet things not the conventional choccy bars, I eat lots of full fat yoghurts...

Last reply
  • Diabetes insipidus- can't lose weight

My wife had a pituitary adenoma removed 2 years ago and has had diabetes insipidus ever since. She takes desmopressin nasal spray and has been unable to lose weight on it.  Even with weights, cardio, walking miles a day- nothing but water retention.  She might ask her doctor to lower the dose...

Last reply
  • Sitting down making symptoms worse?

I have symptoms of high cortisol and insulin resistance. These symptoms seem to get worse whenever i am sitting down. Like almost immediately when i sit down they get worse. Does anyone know why this is?

Last reply
  • Diabetes information

What is diabetes? Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your body can't properly use and store sugar. When this happens, sugar builds up in your bloodstream. This results in “hyperglycemia,” which is commonly referred to as high blood sugar. Symptoms of high blood sugar include: Fatigue Being very...

Last reply
  • Diabetes symptoms

I have type 2 diabetes for 17 years now. My diabetes became out of control some years ago and my sleep also got disturbed with it. I worked on my sleep and it became very good and my diabetes also improved with it Today I did my hba1c and it has come 8.5% to my surprise. My sleep is very good and I...

Last reply
  • Type 2 Diabetes reversed

Patients who get gastric bypass or banding find that post surgery their diabetes type 2 goes away. This is due to the strict diet they stick to. I asked my gp about this and she said she knew about it. I want to try this but can't find out what people are allowed to eat after surgery. I know it...

Last reply
  • Worried a may be diabetic

Hey all, i am a 22 yr old male,  I have a family history of diabetes.. mother is type 2 diabetic after having pregnancy diabetes while she was pregnant with me. And my uncle in my fathers side is also type 2 and his sister is a type 1.  I have had recurrent miuth yeast infections and chest...

Last reply
  • Just been told i have pre -diabetes

Hi , i don't know much about  diabetes , So after test Doc said i'm getting close to being diagnosed with diabetes ,this was a few minutes discussion with UK GP,    so i go on net see what i could find out . this is what i found out where it is true or just bumpkam of net i don't...

Posted
  • Diabetes

I read on a web site that a home Glucometer uses whole blood for test which includes red cells and these red cell reduce the sugar element. The Labs use the blood which excludes red cells. Thus the home Glucometer may be indicating about 20% lesser results which may give a rather inaccurate / undependable...

Last reply
  • Total knee replacement

hi had TKR  1 week ago today  home on Wednesday still very  painful and stiff only taking paracetamol can anyone recommend a good painkiller that will not cause constipation? cannot get my knee back 90/0 with swelling but hopeful using ice heat and massage have not used crutches since...

Last reply
  • Blood glucose levels.

Hi,  I'm wondering if anybody can help ? I had blood tests last week and my blood glucose level was 5.4 that my GP marked as normal. My question is it was a non fasting test but thinking about it now i had not eaten for 12 hours before the test so i actually turned it into a fasting test. My...

Last reply
  • New for me, may be pre-diabetic, how best to manage it

Hi, I have been overweight for about 18 years with gradual increases over time, I now weigh 18 stone and I really struggle as I am on anti psychotic medication which not only changes my metabolism, slows it, but causes my food cravings to go through the roof and also demotivates me to a large extent. ...

Last reply
  • Hypoglycaemia

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the purpose of a mixed meal. I am non diabetic but having low blood sugars which seem unrelated to food intake. I have had non fasting glucose levels of 2.5 and 3 on venous blood samples and BMs are rarely above 5. Thanks in advance

Last reply
  • I'm in trouble ..

I have been diabetic for 15 years now, apparently due to giving birth 35 years earlier. Last summer my sugar levels on occasion went up to double figures then be for Xmas they have stayed their, doctor's answer more tablets, was told that exercise diet and tablets sometimes stop working. And need...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.