Blood Sugar levels

Posted , 2 users are following.

Evening,

Im awaiting a blood test to check for diabetes, sadly i cant get an appointment for a month or so.

My only symptoms so far have been very very frequent urination.

i purchased a blood glucose finger prick testing machine yesterday to track my blood for a week or so and just wondered on my post dinner result, so far i have had

Yesterday morning 5.2

Post lunch 5.2

Post Dinner 5.1

This morning 5.2

Post lunch 5.3

Post dinner 7.9

Before each test i waited 2 hours after eating to record my result. The only one i don't get is the 7.9, for dinner i had pasta wrapped with butternut squash and a chilli and cheese sauce with a pint of watered Ribena. Is this to high after 2 hours and something that would be of concern? worrying i did do my partners who was only tested a month ago and hers was 6.9 so still high.

Thanks

Dave

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is worthwhile getting the lab tests. You should ask for an A1C, fasting BG, and 2 hour OGTT. My guess however is that you do not have diabetes based on your numbers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.