Is Type 2 diabetes reversible?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone!

My mother is diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. Just wanted to know if it is reversible? If yes, please let me know how?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, it can be controlled to some extent, try to take meals after short duration like 2 hours and reduce the fiber intake. With this take proper medications and walking will also help you to achieve this.

• Posted

I am a diabetic and no it is not reversible but it is a chronic disease that must be managed daily. Most people are put on medication either oral or insulin. As time goes by it is usually somewhat progressive as I have been a diabetic for 42 years and have some complications after all the years as I had high sugars at times.

• Posted

Diabetes is a kind of disease that affects your body organs very slowly. I heard people saying that it can be reversed as it depends upon the type of diabetes, it can be brought at normal levels by low calorie diet and losing weight.

• Edited

Yes, definitely it can be reversed, but not cured to be honest. There is gini health, they offer a 12 weeks program for it. It's good and effective. But at the end of the day, it all depends on how religiously you follow the regime. It's always good to give it a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.