Blood Sugar jumps 4.0. to 7.1 in half hour. Problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been taking my BS because I often feel fatiguey about once a week. Today went for a walk it was very hot when I got home felt a bit of fatigue. Check BS at 4.0. I had an orange drank tea and half hour later check it was 7.1? Is my test unit faulty or what?

Advice appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey, it seems you are on prediabetic stage as this does not happen with a normal healthy person. It is really strange that your meter shows this reading after having tea. It is a matter of concern and should go for a diagnosis. Apart from this, are you having an active lifestyle or passive lifestyle? If you have an active lifestyle then this is pretty good but if passive then you should be more cautious for your health. Try to adopt a healthy lifestyle by adding a few aerobic exercises and diabetic food meals. Do this regularly and religiously. If you feel novice about what things to include in the daily routine to have a control on glucose levels then try joining any wellness programs specifically for diabetes, for a start you can check ginihealth and well doc plans, these are good. With these you would better know what to eat and which exercises have more impact on glucose levels. One other reason for imbalance in glucose levels is your stress, try to manage that by taking proper sleep, take sleep for around 8 hours.

• Posted

the orange caused the spike

test before eating and 2 hours after to get the numbers

4 isnt a hypo per say but can be a false one if bringing down the sugars to quick as our bodies rebel as we crave sugar and carbs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.