Newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, just looking for a bit of advice and guidance really.

having been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about 8 weeks ago, I was prescribed 500mg of Metformin once a day, and that was it, am I supposed to have a blood test to see how the metformin is performing on my blood glucose level? is there any testing of any sort I need to be doing at home?

As I say I was just given a prescription for metformin and no other information or anything, any advise would be very gratefully received. Thank you😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi @Cissie! I hope you will be able to reverse your high glucose levels to normal levels. Apart from medication I would like to suggest to follow a healthy lifestyle as this is more of lifestyle disease. Few changes like regularise sleep patterns, lite aerobic exercises and stress management with strict low carb zero sugar diet is what makes you achieve normal sugar levels more easily. I have heard of a few wellness programs also for diabetes like ginihealth offers. My uncle has joined this program and his blood sugar is monitored from time to time through a sticky sensor on the shoulder. I think you can try this along with your prescribed medication plans by the doctor to further reduce the intake of medicine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.