advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, been taking levothyroxine for 12days now and I've started waking up with tremors again this was happening to me previously months ago but had stopped. Is it a symptom of hypo, can anyone relate to this and put my mind at ease, thank in advance for any replies they are very much appreciated

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

more expert responses are forthcoming i'm sure and im only a patient being treated for hypo as well. ive been taking levothyroxine almost a year in diff doses but for the most part so far my blood level for thyroid hormone has not been effected and has been off the charts at tsh = 31. endochronologist told me this is the same as having no thryoid hormone, that my gland is probably shut down permanently, because of radiation treatment near my neck. i am currently taking 125mcg levothyroxine. my body has not been able to absorb the med since i started taking it and thus my tsh number has remained high which means no thyroid hormone or very little.

were you on a thyroid med before the 12 days of levothyroxine recently? what is the does of your current med? actually, i do not see tremors among common symptoms of hypo thyroidism - are you sure the tremors are from hypo thyroidism?  my endo has told me that the body is slow getitng used to thyroid meds and certainly 2 wks is too soon to see a difference, generally. i wish you the best and will be interested in other responses to your question.

• Posted

Thankyou for your response biglewz. I'm on 50 mcg of levothyroxine and before that I've been on 15 mg escitalopram for anxiety and depression since May 2016. Life has been hard since February 2016 which is when all my symptoms started brain fog and an inability to think has been by far the worst thing I have ever had to contend with it really is a terrible symptom. I do feel some what better but my symptoms just seem to evolve rather than get better for example now I am unable to get up to quickly because of pain in my hips and stiffness, in fact I seem to have pain all over these days and at 38 its not what id of expected. To be honest there's not one part of me that doesn't feel affected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.