Skip to content
Ad

Levothyroxine Sodium

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Unacceptable side effects of Levothyroxine

I was described Levothryoxine 2 years ago and my GP has increased it until I am now taking 125mcg. I have never had so many various symptoms in my life - severe weight gain including puffy face and eyes, very itchy dry skin, brittle nails, thinning hair but the major items are the pains in my joints...

Last reply
  • New Fomula Levothyroxine( Tevo)

Hello I have been hypothyroid since my mid 40's I am now 69.  For most of this time I have been on a dose of 125mmg daily with no trouble and yearly blood tests ok.  Lat year we moved house and my new gp sent me for heart scans to see if I had angina because I had been experiencing some...

Last reply
  • Levi anxiety!

Has anyone experienced significant increasing anxiety an a low dose of 25mcg after just a couple of months. I started 25mcg in Jan and 1st noticed symptoms of anxiety and panic about 8 weeks in. Now 6 months in I feel like I'm plugged into a socket and feel shakey.

Last reply
  • I'm on levothyroxine and liothyronine

I'm taking these both medicines for some time now and I really can't tell how awful I'm feeling ... I feel sleepy and tired and can't focus I don't know what is wrong with me now what shall I do I'm not even able to explain how bad I feel please help

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine newbie with menstrual cycle concern.

Hey, I'm a 29yr old female and was diagnosed with underactive thyroid a year ago following a mixture of mild symptoms but my doc at the time said it wasn't anything to worry about at this stage and to try a kelp substitute for the time being, so I did. Fast forward a year, no improvement so my...

Last reply
  • I am been on Throxine for most of my adult life.

I have been on thyroxine for most of my life. I have been on 125 for most of that time, after a  routine blood test my levels have risen. So l am now on 125  one day  and 100 the next day. Does anyone know, if the levels are to high could this cause tinnitus. As I am suffering with a loud...

Last reply
  • Thyroid and Swollen Painful Breasts

I have been on Levothyroxine since June and recently my breasts have felt swollen and painful.  I have had a check-up and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong so is this another side affect of Thyroxine? Has anyone else experienced this?   It feels like the tenderness you get in early...

Last reply
  • Half thyroid removal help

I had half my thyroid removed 3 days ago I'm still in pain I'm home but feel dizzy foggy really sleepy can't keep my self awake they say my levels are normal I don't feel normal more anxious and palpitations help

Last reply
  • Think all levothyroxine tablets are the same? - They're not!

I found out by accident that different manufacturer's but different ingredients in their levothyroxine tablets when I had an adverse reaction to a batch of levothyroxine. Here are the details. I am on 175mcg of levothyroxine. I hadn't got any 25mcg tablets to hand so I used 100mcg tablets and...

Last reply
  • Borderline hypo so stopped levo

Hi everyone last year I got diagnosed with subclinal hypothyroidism. I got put on levo. Well I can honestly say that after a year I've gained a stone despite serious exercise and dieting. Really strict stuff. So I'm aghast why that's happening. I don't feel any different being on levo...

Last reply
  • Having Bad Side-Effects on Levothyroxine

Hello, I think a lot of my problem is my own making and I'm really sorry. But basically I have really bad anxiety problems, and I have also been very paranoid of and scared of my medication. My doctor is lovely & has been coping with me & my meds the past 8 years. I was diagnozed at 18 and...

Last reply
  • Weight gain of nearly a stone in two weeks...why!!!

Hi, I have underactive thyroid and take 150mg of Levothyroxine...I used to be on 175mg a couple of years ago but Doctors reduced it. I have had thyroid problems for over 13+ years. I weighed myself today (28/4/17) and scales are telling me I've put nearly a stone on in nearly two weeks. Granted I...

Last reply
  • hair loss recovery time

I have just stopped taking 25mg of levromycine as my hair has been falling out. My Gp agreed this but I would like to know when the hair loss will stop as it has been awful.

Last reply
  • Hi I started to take levothyroxine last August for hypot...

Hi I started to take levothyroxine last August for hypothyroidism. I have always been slim, no problems with weight UNTIL NOW. Since I started taking the medication my weight started to creep up. In six months I have put on a stone and my tummy is sticking out as if I'm pregnant. I have been...

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine - borderline underactive

Hi - I've just been put on Levothyroxine for an underactive thyroid. Initally my blood tests said i was borderline overactive, then underactive, but recent blood tests show I'm now less underactive at 5.6miu/L (Range given 0.20 - 4.00miu/L). My T4 is fine at 11.7pmo/L ( Range 10.00-20.00pmol/L)....

Last reply
  • advice please

Hi all, been taking levothyroxine for 12days now and I've started waking up with tremors again this was happening to me previously months ago but had stopped. Is it a symptom of hypo, can anyone relate to this and put my mind at ease, thank in advance for any replies they are very much appreciated...

Last reply
  • Pain in large muscles

Hi I have had the NHS stadard treatment for Hashimoto for 8 years, i am currently spending the day in bed because I cannot function. This is a difficult situation when you work full time, My GP 's are next to useless and a note of non compliant patient has been written on my medical notes, I do not...

Last reply
  • Leveothyroxine - bad reaction, please read!

Hello everyone and anyone that will listen. Ok so I have been on Leveo for 4 to 5 years now and have always been on the same does which if 50 micrograms. Well, I started to go through emotional eating about 6 mo ago amd when I went for my physical the dr suggested my thyroid is undertreated and to increase...

Last reply
  • Complex Issues Around Prescribed Drugs

I've been treated for kidney cancer over a year, both radiation and chemo drugs. My oncologist began chirping about a borderline thyroid in blood work results from the start. I think this is important because it is evidence that the thyroid levels were not perfect even b4 chemo drugs. She kept wanting...

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine... on off depression for 2 years!!!

Hi, I would really appreciate some advice. I had a total thyroidectomy 2 years ago, after being diagnosed with follicular cancer, I had radio active iodine treatment and everything went well, I was on 100mcgrs thyroxine until my first follow up, when it was increased to 150, since then it has been decreased...

Last reply
  • ive been on thyroxine for 5yrs now,and ive had weight probl

Ive been on thyroxine for 5yrs now and ive had problems with weight gain since being diagnosed with an underactive thyroid,i was told i would lose this weight once i started takin thyroxine,but havent and im 5 stone overweight,which gets me down as ive always been slim and i know i dont eat enough to...

Last reply
  • Lowering Levothyroxine

Hello, I was hoping someone could elaborate on my levels. I just got my blood results back today and they are lowering me from .112mcg of levothyroxine to .100mcg. They told me my TSH level is .170 and my T4 level is 1.5, I have no idea what this means, but I do know I have been miserable. My resting...

Last reply
  • Water retention and weight gain

I'm on levothyroxine sodume for the past 5 years, I am an athletic person. Since i was digonised with hypothyroidism i added 6 pounds on and A massive water retention and I never was able to go back to my normal weight range, my GP put me on 50 mg for the first month then gradually raised the dosage...

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine high heart rate side effect?

Hi guys I need your advice. I am female 50 yo was recently deagnosted with hypotheroidism. TSH- 5.9, T4-5.3, T3- 30.8. I was feeling fatigue, depressed, tired, with anxieity and panic attacks for more than 10 years. TSHlevel was normal all these years, but my doctor never checked T4 or T3 levels. Last...

Last reply
  • Levothyroxine - Side Effects

I was diagnosed with under active thyroid about a year ago, and have been slowly increaing my levels of levothyrine. I am currently on 125mgs. Ever since i have been on a higher dose, i have had terrible pain in between my shoulder blade, and feel pain when breathing deeply.  I stopped taking it...

Last reply
  • Getting NDT,s on prescription

I am having a really bad reaction to Levothyroxin and have asked my GP to put me on Natural Desciated Thyroid which is made from pigs glands instead of Levothyroxin which is synthetic and causing me a lot of problems, as well as a lot of people all over the country.   I am not holding out a lot...

Last reply
  • Help, dose change problems!

Hi, I would be so grateful if anyone can shed any light on some problems I've been having.  I take Levothyroxine following a total thyroidectomy 2013 during which they found a papillary cancer and so it was advised that my TSH is suppressed to 0.1.  Generally Ive been on a dose around 125mg...

Last reply
  • Thyroidectomy

Felling so confuse , can't seem to get pain free regardless if intake Wp or try synthroid? Any help?

Last reply
  • Synthroid

I am really confused about what time I can take my atenolol Ativan prednisones after I take my Synthroid I am waking up at 5 AM to take my Synthroid 7 o'clock having my coffee but what time can I have my oatmeal and take my other medications

Last reply
  • Not feeling right after doesage change.

My doesage was lowered to 100 Mcg. I haven't felt right since a couple of days after I started taking the new dose. Depressed, nervous, sweating excessively, shaking, increased appetite among many others. Would these things be from my levels not being correct, that quickly?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.