Graves' disease low libido

Posted , 2 users are following.

Graves' disease killing my sex drive ! My sex drive absolutely zero can Graves' disease lower dopamine level ? My total testosterone level normal but my SHBG level very high plus free testosterone very low ! I was diagnosed 2008 Graves' disease 2017 April I had rai treatment but didn't work now waiting for second rai treatment my TSH level still 0.01 this thyroid problem ruined my life 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My GP said nothing he can do because my total testosterone level normal almost 4 months I was talking to sex therapist she couldn't find solution my GP said you should see urologist I went to hospital seen urologist he couldn't find solution he doesn't know why I got low libido he said could be genetic or coming from brain low dopamine level or high thyroid level doing it ....I'm so frustrated this problem killing me make me depressed! 

• Posted

Hi Tekin, sorry you’re having such a tough time. You aren't alone. Really.

I’d  suggest reading through the many posts by others on thyroid, so that you can get a sense of what things other people have found useful.

I’ve also been struggling with thyroid disease for decades, but so much worse since 2009 and found that treatment protocols, testing, pretty much everything to be inadequate, ineffective and harmful.

In the end, I’ve found acupuncture, dietary changes, essential amino acid therapy, supplements, cleansing and other non-mainstream treatments to be more effective than any medication. 

I've also found it extremely helpful to deal with the peripheral illnesses associated with thyroid disease, which for me have been many. Dealing with the pancreatitis, toxic liver and gluten sensitivities through diet and cleansing were extremely beneficial!

Believe me, its taken me decades to sort this out. Thyroid disease has destroyed my life time and time again. When I stopped expecting doctors to help me and started using my brain and the resources available, was when  I stopped getting worse and started healing.

I have Hashimotis. From everything I’ve read, given hyper or hypo-thyroid, hyper is generally easier to treat.  Maybe try clearing the slate and looking at the dituation wuth a fresh perspective. Try some different things and dobsome troubleshooting to see what helps you improve. 

The old saying seems worth reminding- ‘Hell is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.’ 

So try something different! 

Hope you get some relief soon!

• Posted

Hi, you can buy cheap Levothyroxine here: 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.