Raised medication to 100mcg. Not feeling right

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello people I have recently 01/07/2018 been put on the 100mcg of levothyroxine. I have noticed this dosage is effecting more than my previous two. 50 and 75. I am anxious more and plus Ive got a dizzyness feeling on and off. Do you reckon the dose is too high for me

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take Levothyroxine and I started  last year on 25mg but just 6/2018 my doctor Change my me from 25mg to 50mg but it doesn’t make me dizzy but it’s making my again weight. 
  • Posted

Hi Jelly, read through the many posts on side effects of levothyroxin. Side effects are many and include the symptoms you mention. 

I can tell you from my experience that my blood levels were not overmedicated, yet, I had symoyoms of side effects from the start of taking Levothyroxine. Anxiety being the most prominent, which didn’t go away at any dose. Migraines were severe when changing dose, or changing medication brand.

My feeling is that, as the dose oncreased, so did the side effects. Its likely that your increased dose is the cuprit of your symptoms even if your blood work doesn't show overmedicated.

Basically gge medication doesn't work because if you get the dose high enough to do any good, you’re stuck with side effects worse than the disease. 

You can try stucking with it a little longer to see if you tolerate it better. But do keep a fuary of symptoms, as over time, we tend to become acclimated and notice symptoms less.

Keep an eye on things and if you feel the medication is more harmful than good, switch to a NDT or an OTC bovine glandular.

• Posted

Well, maybe... it’s been 5-6 months.  You may need new blood work to see if it’s too much.  Get ahold of your Endocronologist.  You don’t want to get much worse.   It terrible!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.