Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had Ic for the past ten years but have managed it well with acupuncture.I have had a flare up for the last six months where acupuncture hadn't helped.i have had a scan which seems normal and. Have been trying homeopathy with little help.The doctor wants me to start taking  anti depressants as. He claims this helps fall the brain into not needing the toilet all the time.I am really reluctant to start these but am getting really depressed.I am waiting to get an appointment for a urologist but would really be grateful for any advise. pain killers don't help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julia, I am exactly the same, I have been flaring for three months now, antibiotics don't work. I have had every test going and would also really like some advice for this debilitating condition. I am also severely sleep deprived because of getting up to go so much!

• Posted

Start drinking and cooking with distilled water only. Be very disciplined with. Give it a week to start working. 
  • Posted

I have completely rid the IC with Chinese Herbal Medicine.  The man I was seeing is becoming a bit of a celeb these days. The rest of my health complaints I manage now with naturopathy and essentials oils.  I'm so glad it has gone because I suffered for two years.  Hurrendous pain!  On a mission to spread the word now because no one should have to deal with it, imo its just a label because they don't know the cause therefore they say no cure, its not right and it stinks that we have to go through this hell.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.