Advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Could someone give me some advice please. I'm 53 I hadn't had a period for 9months. But the last few day's I've had this Brown discharge I've read it's quite normal. The question I've got is this classed as a period? And do i have to start the 12 month count down again? I do hope not. Any advice would be great.

Regards Mandy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would suggest that you get your dr to do hormone count on you. Its only a blood test after all. This kind of spotting can happen every now and then even after menpause. I take it that the reason the 12 months without periods is because you want to do hrt that doesnt give you regular bleeds. The dr is the only one who will be able to detect whether your hormones are still in production or if it has ceased. Guessing about these things is not easy so make sure you go to the horses mouth and get a test so you know where you are. XXX
    • Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Think I'll make appointment with Dr.

Regards Mandy x

• Posted

Hi Mandy, my guess is that yes, it was a slight period, and yes, you probably need to start counting over again. But likely it was just a little last hurrah. Hopefully that will be it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.