Advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

Just using this forum as a sounding board/advice line really! 

I’ve suffered with daily persistent headaches, migraines & anxiety for around 2 years now. Have been taking 60-80mg propranolol daily for 18 months & have tried pregabalin & gabapentin for the headaches (they didn’t work)

Propranolol helps reduce the migraines & lowers my daily ache enough that I can function...mostly!

The reason for the post is the propranolol has been causing some nasty side effects for about 8 months now which is unusual as I thought my body would of adjusted to the drug by now...it’s mainly chest pain & tightness with shortness of breath, insomnia, trembling, forgetfulness, nausea (occasionally) low mood, irritability & weight gain..,

The neurologist has suggested topiramate to help with the recent side affects I have been having? In an ideal world I wouldn’t take any tablet at all but I’ve tried coming off propranolol & I just couldn’t manage? 

Is topiramate the way to go? Any one in a similar boat that can give me a miracle success story? Any advice much appreciated...thanks 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hiya Jade.. just read this I hope u aren't experiencing any ill effects of ur medication I suffered really bad with Topiramate..and still am after around 5 months off it...tho there are some ppl who are ok on Topiramate......Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.