Skip to content

Topiramate

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Topamax cause neck spasms

I started taking Topamax for Migraines and I get neck spasms after I had a neck dysection  from having thyroid cancer. It seems that the Topamax has made the neck spasms more severe. Has anyone else had this experience?  It has helped my Migraines so I don't want to stop taking it so …

Posted
  • Nerve damage/muscle weakness

I have been on Topamax a very long time. Too long.  Probably 15 years. I take 200 mg twice per day. Has anyone experienced muscle pain or weakness? I also, strangely enough got permanent nerve damage that no one can explain.....

Last reply
  • Topamax and bladder spasms?

I have been taking Topamax (150mg) for 13 years for migraines. About 7 years ago I started experiencing what I thought were UTIs. Long story short, they were not. It took 2 horrible years and a multitude of antibiotics to determine that the doctor “thinks” it may be intercysital cystitis. However, …

Last reply
  • Convulsions with increased doses?

Hi there, I have the typical side effects - dizziness, constant nausea, sweating, lots of urination (like 6x in 2 hours lots), tiredness, lower back pain, etc. But lately, I have also been getting seizure like convulsions since taking 75mg-100mg a day. Originally, I was taking topirimate for …

Posted
  • Anyone else had stomach pains while taking Topiramate / Topamax

I experienced stomach pains within weeks of taking Topiramax, which was to help my migraines. I was unaware this was the cause at first. However, after a colonoscopy, a colonography and an MRI scan showed to be normal, I had to diagnose the problem myself and by means of elimination and it proved …

Last reply
  • Thinning hair

I cane off this drug march last year as I was having hair loss and thinning. Under the light you can actually see my scalp. I had really thick hair before now it’s so thin 😢 I feel spicky Hair growth in places but don’t seem to grow fast. How long has it taken others for there Hair to grow …

Last reply
  • Withdrawal from topiramate

Just came off this a week ago and am wondering how long til you feel normal again? I am exhausted and foggy, balance a bit of an issue as is blurry vision. Just curious what others experience? Thanks

Last reply
  • Hair loss and Topiramate the cause..

Hiya folks...I used to be on Topiramate 50mg twice daily to help with migraines..tho had to come off it with the terrible side effects I had from this medication..pins n needles in hands,feet and my face..foggy brain..confusion..forgetting words..hair falling out..crying..my depression got worse... …

Last reply
  • Hair loss from Topiramate💔

I've taken Topiramate due to being a domestic violence Survivor. Dealt with some depression it made my hair fall out to an extreme of deep depression which isn't therapeutical for my healing something else that led me to major stress but I did enjoy the weight loss A woman losing her hair …

Posted
  • Advice please

Hi everyone,  Just using this forum as a sounding board/advice line really!  I’ve suffered with daily persistent headaches, migraines & anxiety for around 2 years now. Have been taking 60-80mg propranolol daily for 18 months & have tried pregabalin & gabapentin for the …

Last reply
  • Chronic Cough/Phlegm Due to Topamax?

Hello! I have been on topamax for around 3/4 months now and have formed a cough I cannot get rid of; along with a ton of mucus in my throat. I thought it was a cold so I was given antibiotics by my doctor and that did not help. I have gone to a allergy and asthma doctor and have been cleared. I …

Last reply
  • Longer I take it the worse the side effects get!

Has anyone noticed the longer you take roommate the worse the side effects get. I'm on 50mg once a day and I started back in February of this year. I started out with only my fingers tingle which was fine I got over it and the weight loss/ appetite suppressant is awesome, but by mid July I …

Last reply
  • Is anyone taking Topamax Just for weight loss ?

so I’m taking topamax for losing weight. It’s just been 3 weeks starting at 25mg and now at 75mg.  Since day one I feel super sick from my stomach pains , gas, grossed out, super dry mouth and super thirty just for water.  Excessive urination, I can barely hold it.  My mind gets …

Last reply
  • Any Positive thoughts on Topamax?

I have been prescribed this today for migraines but all I have read is negative stories about taking the drug, does anyone have anything positive to say about it? I'm aware that it probably comes with side effects as like nearly all new tablets we have to take long term however all the negative …

Last reply
  • Please be careful & watch your symptoms.

After 35+ years of headaches/migraines and screaming at every GP I could find I finally got to see a neurologist at the Nuffield and have been on topiramate for 5 months. I had a few side effects to start with like tingling fingers, face and heels but that was bearable, and of course the weight …

Last reply
  • Weening off topomax

Hi I am recently weening off topomax and idk if this is what it’s from or if it’s a common symptom but I am aching all over! Did anyone else experience this? I was on 150 mgs I’m now down to 25 and will soon be off completely but my god I feel horrible! I’m just hoping it’s a side effect and …

Posted
  • TOPAMAX & STROKES

I was given this HORRIBLE medication in 2013 for back pain - I WAS NOT told about the side effects ( which one is strokes). It is sad when people we trust to take care of us aren't honest enough to tell us the side effects of medications. My first side effect was ALL soft drinks tasted FLAT - …

Last reply
  • Not losing any weight..

So I've been on 400 mg of topiramate 200 in the morning 200 in the evening and haven't lost much weight.. I really thought I'd lose something.. maybe another medicine is keeping the weight on.. I really can't say but I thought this medicine was supposed to counter that.. maybe it …

Last reply
  • How Common is Hair Loss?

I just started taking 25 mg of Topiramate for migraines/insomnia. My doctor never warned me about potential hair loss, and I was wondering how common of a side effect it is. Am I even on a high enough dose to lose hair?

Last reply
  • Topiramate - hair loss

HI, am looking for some advice. My 15 year old daughter has been taking topiramate for about five weeks after four years of funny turns which have finally been diagnosed as migraine by a neurologist.  Yesterday she cam downstairs in tears after feeling a bald spot at the back of her head. She …

Last reply
  • Topamax severe reaction

So last year I was taking topamax for my migraine. We were going up in doses starting at 25mg. Every week I would go use a dose. By the end of the month I started taking 100mg. That's when things got really weird. I felt off all day. I usually take my dose about 8am. Around 11am I felt the left …

Last reply
  • Topiramate for migraines

Im on 50mg a day for migraines and have been for 2 weeks now. I have to have hormone replacement which was making my migraines worse so i said if the drs could control them i would continue with the hormones ( im 34) so thought it important to carry on with them. My side effects so far...pop …

Last reply
  • DONT QUIT COLD TURKEY

Hello I have suffered migraines since I was 9 years old . I have been on topamax about 5 different occasions and the latest stint I had I was on it for about 4 months I worked my way up to 150mg per day. Previously I had the usual side affects.  Tingling toes at night. Memory loss.   …

Last reply
  • Topamax/Topirmate

Hey everyone! Has anyone taken topamax/topirmate for fibromyalgia? If so, has it caused you to lose weight? Also, did it give you funny feelings like disoriented? Please share any info or opinions. Thank you!

Last reply
  • Topiramate and quitting alcohol

I have read some material about quitting alcohol and the help that topiramate is for cravings and permanent quitting .  Does anyone have any information on this topic?

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.