Topiramate

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI I've been on Topiramate 50 mg for over a year and now this year I'm on 75 mg. I was experiencing weight loss at fist and then hair loss. NOW my hair is coming out in hand fulls. SO I know its the Topiramate. I don't take any other medicine other than MAXALT for migraines. None of my other meds causes hair loss and thats only two other pills. I've read a lot of peoples articles and they talk about losing their hair. I was already missing taking my doses and I guess I WILL continue until its out of my system. I'm only 47 and I ❤ my hair !

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i was the same, had bad tempers as well. Some days I got so depressed of being tired. I Started getting front lobe epilepsy. I was constantly feeling down, angry with my situation. I went and got a second opinion from another Neurologist. I was put onto Epilem CR 500. First week was tough because the Topalex was still in my system, thereafter my headaches subsided, my mood was better and ultimately i was feeling better. Worth a try.

• Posted

you need to see your doctor so you can change to another drug. Do you take it for epilepsy? My son has been on it for about 16 years and he hasnt had any problems. He's also taking a 2nd anti-convulsant, Kepra, for 9 years, which does have some side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.