Withdrawal from topiramate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just came off this a week ago and am wondering how long til you feel normal again? I am exhausted and foggy, balance a bit of an issue as is blurry vision. Just curious what others experience? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I think it varies in different people.

I was sometimes confused & couldn't stay focused the first two months, after taking myself off of topiramate.

I wish you the best!

• Posted

Hi Krystal!

Did your side effects ever taper off from coming off of Topiramate? I was only on it for 3 days before I decided to come off of it. The side effects were horrible and I'm still feeling some of them. How long were you on it and what dosage were you using?

• Posted

hi there. yes they eventually went away but i started on something else so its always hard to start something else while coming off of another and figure out which symptoms are from what. sorry im not much help but i reduced my medication over time (25 mg a week) but i always have a hard time with side effects from everything. ive been on two other meds since then and dont remember

• Posted

Thank you for your quick reply, I appreciate it! Yeah, I think I'm going to stay off of the Topirimate and not get on anything else until all of the side effects from the Topirimate have vanished. I could hardly function for 8 whole days! Today is the first day I am starting to feel somewhat normal, so I definitely need to let it all out of my system. I appreciate your feedback, and good luck with your new medication.

• Posted

i have to always be on something because of my seizures so i often dont drive for 2-3 months after withdrawing from one med and starting another

• Posted

how are you feeling now? i've been off for 4 days and am foggy and tired. i am also having some muscle twitche and spasms, has anyone else had that issue?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.