Thinning hair

Posted , 8 users are following.

I cane off this drug march last year as I was having hair loss and thinning. Under the light you can actually see my scalp. I had really thick hair before now it’s so thin 😢 I feel spicky Hair growth in places but don’t seem to grow fast. How long has it taken others for there Hair to grow back I feel so depressed about it and feel it will never come back it’s already been 16 months since I came off x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am still using Topirimate, but have tried all the Biotin, Magnesium, that others suggest. What worked is Rogaine foam for women. My Hairstylist was stunned. It took a while to really see a difference so you have to use it reliably. In 4 months you will start to see a slight difference, by eight months you will be shocked.

redkohn

• Posted

Thank u I will try been using watermans grow me but not really worked 
  • Posted

Buy the package that lasts 4 months. I know it is not inexpensive, but it will work and make you happy again. Follow the directions for 4 months. Some people do lose some more before it starts coming back. Just keep using it. See if you start to notice new growth after 4 months. Good Luck!

Redkohn

• Posted

I also have this problem and have only been off now one week. I lost 1/3 of my hair. I take biotin 10,000 and buy biotin shampoo. Take b vitamins, and a multivitamin, magnesium and vit c if u can. Topiramate depletes ur body of these. 
  • Posted

Hello , I surely know how you feel .

When my hair came out you could literally see my scalp! It led me to deeper depression!

I suggest a regime of vitamin D! The topiramate strips the vitamin D that our body needs. Try to research this..

I wish you the best!

• Posted

I know this is an old post, but someone else might need the information.

Nioxin works amazingly for my thinning hair and it started working very quickly. Smells great too.

I only have fairly mild side effects from topiramate: thinning hair, cold toes, soft drink tastes terrible and sometimes forget words. Going from 3-4 migraines a month to 1 every 8-9 months definitely wins though.

• Posted

I second this! A hair stylist recommended this to me, said he'd grown a beard where he hadn't had one before (hilarious!) But it is really good. I lost a LOT of hair taking propanolol and over 6 months hair vitamins and Nioxin have made a massive difference. Only downside, I have to shave my legs more often again haha,.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.