Topiramate

Posted , 7 users are following.

I may have spelled that wrong but I am concerned about hair loss on this drug and how to prevent it

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I've tried vitamin D and biotin ,seems like nothing works.good luck!

• Posted

I took Topirimate for several years and it definitely caused hair loss and it has taken quite a while to get it back. I am using Rogaine which absolutely helps. If you did Rogaine while you have your hair it may help prevent it from thinning. However. I have recently been told I have Kidney stones and quite a few, which is a side effect of Topirimate. I instantly stopped taking Topirimate and recommend you discontinue it too. I was taking it for Migraines and it still did not prevent them. I now just use Relpax when I am getting one and it works for me. Good Luck.

• Posted

Thank you both. This is so upsetting. I have bad seizures so I am on three meds and I tried this one and had violent vomiting but they want me to try it again in two doses instead of one. I will start the Rogaine tomorrow .

God bless us all

T

• Posted

i used to take it as well. terible drug. i suffer from seizers and migrains and the tablets did not help at all. instead it gave me suicidal thoughts. i am on EPPILEM CR500 tablets X2 a day and feel my old self. less seizers and migrans. i saw PROF GIRISH MODI. Good luck.

• Posted

**hi Tina,i had a quiet a bit of hair loss,but it didn"t happen until i had been taken the drug for more than a year and a half, so for that reason, myself and my Dr.were not sure if it was from the drug,as I had a bad fall,and it may have been from the shock to my body, I fractured my back.

At any rate,i just took some liquid minoxiodil that I got from the Dr.by prescription,

it cost me less than $2.00 at Costco.and my hair loss problem was fixed. i was very very scared when it happened.it was coming out just in the shower by the handfuls!

it was scary!It didn't go on for very long,once i started taking the minoxodil,

my hair immediatly stopped falling out. I only had to use one 60 ml bottle.

after this happened i read up on these pills,and it says you should take a multi vitamin with them to avoid hair loss.

I still take the topiramate,they work for me,i have been on them for three years now.

I take a multi vitamin sometimes,

I don't experience hair loss anymore,If I do I now I can always count on the minoxidil.

I hope this helps you.

Daisy2214

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.