Gaining weight on topiramate wen before i was losing.alsoLOSING MY HAIR!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ive been on 400mg of topomax for about 6mnths and ive really had no side effects except lower back pain.taking it for PNE.

Which it worked for about a mnth.then quit.but when i noticed how much weight i was losing the dr.let me stay on it just for that purpose.i lost 45lbs in 6mnths.without dieting at all!.

However.now at the 6 mnth mark.i have started to lose my hair.and gain weight.

I have been to my reg.

Gp dr.and she did blood tests and couldnt figure out any reason as to why my hair was falling out. (Who didnt prescribe the topomax.but knows im on it. )It wasnt untill just tonite reading this im realizing it may b the topomax. I think..any suggestions????

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.