TOPAMAX & STROKES

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was given this HORRIBLE medication in 2013 for back pain - I WAS NOT told about the side effects ( which one is strokes). It is sad when people we trust to take care of us aren't honest enough to tell us the side effects of medications.

My first side effect was ALL soft drinks tasted FLAT - THEN 3 DAYS LATER I AM IN THE HOSPITAL WITH A TIA.

And the really sad part is there isn't anything to be done - I LOST EVERYTHING I own from this happening.

I am happy that mother's whose babies have problems are compensated but  needs to be done about these doctors not being up front about life threatening effects of a medication.

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS - PATIENT BEWARE!!!! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Luckily I didn't suffer from my stroke. But it had left side stroke symptoms when I was taking topamax. I was told the side effects were minimal not this. I haven't touched a medicine for migraines since this incident

• Posted

Hi, I wasn't told of ANY side effects by "a trusted" doctor.

It's so sad - I found out today from an attorney that drug manufacturers knew of this!

• Posted

The side effects are many and listed. Take the time to read through them every time you get new meds. There’s serious dude effects to most medication. I have many of them but thankfully not a TIA - sorry that happened to you. Get well soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.