Convulsions with increased doses?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, I have the typical side effects - dizziness, constant nausea, sweating, lots of urination (like 6x in 2 hours lots), tiredness, lower back pain, etc. But lately, I have also been getting seizure like convulsions since taking 75mg-100mg a day. Originally, I was taking topirimate for migrainea and what my neurologist beleives are absent seizures. The absent seizures have mainly faded (went from 20-30 a day to 0-5 a day) but since reaching 75 mg all the side effects have gotten worse! I now have these convulsions and interrupted sleep. When I was taking smaller doses of the meds, I would sleep perfectly through the night (previously I would be jarred awake every 2-3 hours, possibly seizures during my sleep). Has anyone else had these sort of issues with increased doses? Wondering if these issues are because I am taking 100mg at nighttime rather than the two seperate doses like most who use it for antiseizure purposes. I am feeling so horrible on these meds I am going to start tapering myself off while my neurologist is away on vacation...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would taper off on your own.you have to whats best for you.only you no how you are feeling.see how you feel after doing so.i believe you will feel much better off this drug! Its been real nasty to me and many others from whT im reading.i pray for you.and wish you wellness.and healing.

Daisyxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.