Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 months ago i was diagnosed with gastrits via endoscopy. My journey bagan following a severe bout of diarrohea 3 hours after eating a bucket of hot chips and 2 dim sims from a bay marie in a petrol station on my way home travelling for work. Have been taking a 40mg somac (PPI) since my diagnosis of which i feel helps but i still get symptoms. 

Today i had a follow-up endoscopy and it showed normal and my gastritis is gone. I thought this would make me so happy and it has but now im left wondering why i still have symptoms if the gastritis is gone. 

I still get dull ache, burp alot, bloat and a burning sensation in my upper abdomen. 

Does anyone know if my PPI’s can cause these symptoms because i have been taking it even though the gastritis is healed or any suggestions what else could be foinf on?

Thanks smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vicki, hope you are doing well. Your symptoms sound like you might have the h pilori bacteria. Try cayenne pepper with warm water and try that for 1 week and see if that helps. Also you can try licorice dgl and see how you feel after a week or so. These are natural remedies. Let me know !
    • Posted

I have been tested for that and negative, I had another endoscopy today and everything is normal, no inflammation and no ulcers. 
  • Posted

They want you to keep taking those so you won't develop gastritis again I have chronic gastritis and I take Prevacid 30 mg in the morning and 30 mg at night have you had your gallbladder checked you get pain under the right rib upper stomach just remember to do all your follow-ups you can Google the medication that you're taking and see what the side effects are that would be your most accurate way or ask your pharmacist all medications have some sort of side effects some of them get used to it after a while

• Posted

Hi Vicki

I hate PPI’s, I always get the dull ache in my stomach when I take them, they gave me a drop in calcium levels, then a drop in my phosphate levels. I am now left wondering if they have given me a fatty liver or gall bladder issues as I’m now having pain in my upper right quadrant. I’ve never had anything like this before until I took the PPI’s. I did notice when I was on them that I had loose stools and flatulence. I’m on Ramipril now, don’t get those symptoms of dull aching stomach or loose stools. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.