Advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Iv had a really bad week with peri the worse so far 😔. I get a good night's sleep but wake up feeling so tired and achey all day !!! That along with other symptoms all week has really knocked me for 6. What do you ladies take if anything to give you an energy boost. I'm nearly 52 and feel like 82. I take menopace every day but not sure if it's really doing anything.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bev.

I feel same as you this week.

Today I woke up feeling like I couldn't wake up if that makes sense? Like a drowsy, sleepy horrible state.

Scared me.

I've started taking ultra b6 tablets, don't know if they'll help. Also read about wellwoman effervescent tablets. Might try them. They are meant to help fatigue and give a boost. Google them. Worth a try.

How often do you feel like this?

I'm 43 and been peri for about a year and a half. It's horrible!

• Posted

Hi iv been suffering for what seem like yrs I was only told in Feb after having blood test that I'm in perimenapause but I think iv been in it at least a couple of years with all the weird symptoms iv had. Last week and still now iv had upset stomach then constipated tired beyond believe and aching. headaches loss of appetite just basically feeling crap!!!! Today i got some b vitamin complex and evening primrose oil see if that helps along with the menopace I already take. X

• Posted

If you haven't already, go to your doctor to have your thyroid levels checked--also, try a vitamin B complex, and see if that helps.  xx

• Posted

I had all that checked in Feb and all was ok. I'm hoping I'm not the only one that feels like this with peri.

• Posted

You're probably not the only one.  Though female hormones are really powerful,, sometimes MD's overlook thyroid.  I know.  At 40 my periods stopped and my gp said I was going into early menopause.  Never did thyroid tests.  

Found a gyn who sent me to an endocrinologist.  I had Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  Was misdiagnosed for 2 years by that lazy gp.  By that time it was too late and I was in menopause. xx  

• Posted

Welcome to the club ! Yes we’re all tired and no matter how much sleep you get you’re exhausted and look exhausted .

B6 and b12 should help along with an adrenal support supplement . I’ve even started drinking caffeine again which I’d not had in years but have no choice ... sick of feeling tired !!! 

• Posted

Yes, same here. As soon as I hit the pillow I am out till about 8 hours later. But often feel very tired the next day, I don't get it.  I take the basic supplements-- multi, D, fish oil, calcium, Coq10 (and B is in many of them as well) but not sure they are helping.  I have wondered if I have sleep apnea--my doctor is very fit and trim and she has it as well.  Other than that I just try to do the best I can-- healthy eating, water, exercise and if I need extra sleep a nap it is.

• Posted

At least you can take a nap ! Many women on here including myself have the ‘twired’ Feeling ‘tired but wired’  . I too get 9 hours sleep and still exhausted ! At 3pm I’m counting the hours until I can go to bed! No life . I don’t just feel tired my eyes look like I’ve been up for days. Hoping this doesn’t last too much longer it’s been 3 months almost for me.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.