Advice, please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw my GYN on 9/11.  She prescribed Clobetasol Propinate ointment  to use 2 times a day.  She also prescribed Intrarosa, a vaginal insert that turns into estrogen.  I had an insurance issue so I only started the Intrarosa 8 days ago.  The GYN recommended that I only use the Clobetasol two times a day for 2 weeks, then use it only once a day.  I started with vulva burning again yesterday after having complete relief for almost 3 weeks.  I am going to start using the ointment 2 times a day since it helped me.  I also was hospitalized for 5 days.  I needed a pacemaker inserted due to very slow heart rate.  I am so perplexed.  I was doing so well for several weeks.  Can anyone relate to this or give me advice.  I do not see my GYN for 2 weeks.  Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You mean outer burning? I would call and ask to speak with doc's nurse who should convey info to doc. You've had extenuating medical circumstances she probably should know about. Say you will wait to hear from doc how to proceed. Steroid is strong stuff; think it's best that they put in your records exactly what's taking place so treatment isn't catch as catch can. I'm sure better for the doc also.

I try to record on my calendar. Can't remember otherwise.

Are you continuing with hormone?

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, I have been using clobetasol for a month now, twice a day, morning and night, and have to use it for another two weeks, it’s really helped with vulval burning and the atrophy caused the skin to break up and weep, so painful. I am seeing a prof in dermatology and he has referred me to a vulval dermatologist. He told me to carry on using the ointment as it doesn’t thin inflamed skin. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.