Advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone not been on here for along time as been doing so well started cit last jan had a bad start but then all was good over the summer and christmas had a fantastic new year however the last few days i have felt strange like i did when i first felt unwell before i eithen started the meds any advice please ..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi maria i am exactly the same i have been feeling like it for the last 5 days just turning the corner again i think . Just hang on in there it is just a blip easier said than done though i know but it does pass

• Posted

hi thank you for replying just gutted as i have been doing so well right up until now just feeling so low and fed up guess it could be the january blues i hope xx

• Posted

i think it is i think it doesnt help when we automatically think oh my god im going back to how i was but thats not the case . We just have to ride it out but try and keep saying it is nowhere as bad as it was to begin with

• Posted

Hi MAR IA

Try not to be too despondent. This illness has its highs and lows for a long long long time!

ACCEPT your feelings and know that they will pass and you will feel better again. This just a blip nothing more. TRY to distract yourself.

Ive been anxiety free for years but still feel a bit ordinary today. I am taking down the Christmas decorations while its not too hot (I live in AUSTRALIA)

JUST keep busy and keep thinking it will pass.

• Posted

Hi Maria,as someone has said through the times you are taken ,just by taken daily ,but not at the same times can give you some unwanted side effects.I know from experience what that can do as i have been taken 20 mgs citrolopram and this week i also had them different times and i have got unwanted side effect

• Posted

First of all, don't panic!

Second, did you drink much alcohol over Christmas ie more than usual? Can temporarily lower the effectiveness of the meds.

Third, rich and sugary Christmas food can play havoc with blood sugar levels, which can affect your mood, once you get back into a healthy eating routine it really helps.

And finally, it's been a really dark, gloomy December. The daylight is less, and we've hardly actually seen the sun. I've used a lightbox for 25 mins a day the last 5 days, and it has made a big difference. I had also dipped over December, and now am feeling better again.

Most importantly though, you're not going back to square one, just having a dip, which with some time and adjustments, will correct itself 😊

• Posted

hi thank you everyone for all your advise feeling better today i think it was alot to do with christmas and new year and now getting back to normal again and trying to do dry jan to ps not that i drink loads but trying to loose weight to xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.