Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good moisturising facial soap please.

I did use dove sensitive, but they have changed it.

My skin is mature and dry and sensitive.

Also is there a good cover cream they does not settle into wrinkles,

I am getting redness more and more these days

thanks

junie

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Junijue, I'm in my 60s with dryish skin, a bit sensitive, and I have rosacea. I don't wash my face with soap, I use a milk cleanser (from Neals Yard which is organic, but others are available) and just rinse that off with cool water. No answer for the cover cream I'm afraid as the rosacea is raised, dry and flaky and so I don't put anything on. I have used a No.7 green tint which reduces the redness - that may suit you. Good luck, Heather

• Posted

Hi Heather

will look at the cleanser, do you use any moisturisers?

trying to get my skin care sorted out.

thanks for your reply

junie

• Posted

Hi again,

yes, I do use moisturiser, Neal's Yard again called 'soothing starflower daily moisture', it has a number of plant based ingredients and reviews suggest it's quite soothing for red skin. I was using a different night time moisturiser which was much richer but that seemed to make me itch so - less is more I think.

Hope you get a suitable regime sorted for yourself.

Heather

• Posted

by the way, I don't use toner any more because they have alcohol as a main ingredient and that can often be a trigger for rosacea inflammationl.

H

• Posted

I have rosacea and I use aqueous cream instead of soap followed by the usual toners and cleansers, and a good moisturising cream.

if i have to you so i use asda's smart price soap, it has no perfume and is just basic soap.

• Posted

HI Robert

i tried aqueous cream, it made me itch.

is the soap moisturising ?

what toners and cleansers do you use?

thanks for your reply

junie

• Posted

Hi Junieju,

Look on a site called Demodex, they have 3 different soaps. Last time I used the white one but it's out of stock, so I've messaged them to ask what the difference is between them.

The site is interesting anyway because they explain all about Rosacea. I used the white soap and the cream in the gold box.

Ask if you have any questions.

Good luck,

Sharon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.