Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

i saw the dr today im having a total laparoscopic hysterectomy , uterosaccral ligament suspension , bilateral salpingectomy and cystocopy. the wait list is a few months. has anyone else had this done and how was it?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i just has a hysterectomy almost 3 weeks ago. I'm 42 years old. I had my cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries removed. My surgery went well but I am having a bit of a difficult time with surgical menopause. I'm experiencing hot/cold flashes, mood swings, fatigue, and restless leg syndrome. I should mention I also have Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Good luck with your surgery.

• Posted

I waited a little over 6 months, not by choice. My doctor only operates 1 day a month.

• Posted

hi Mary

I recovered well with my hysterectomy but left my ovaries even the I had done early menopause naturally.

yiu will go straight into surgical menopause ,but not sure how quick this happens. could be days,weeks everyone is different.

the waiting list in UK is 6 mths but not sure in Canada.. I didn't have the suspension but I was told it's quite painful for a while due to the stitches they use to attach to pelvis.

I'm doing fine but must keep doing kegals to strengthen up muscles of bladder and pelvic floor.xx

• Posted

i am nervous about recovery as i have a 5 yr old. how long were you in hospital for ?

• Posted

hi Mary

if your having vaginal hysterectomy usually all being well 2 nights but if done abdominal could be a few more days.lif you can wee okay they will let you home.

I was in for 2 nights and had a 4 hr drive back but I was fine with a cushion on my tummy area. the whole exp was way better than I thought but I dont have young kids now but yiu will definitely need help for a few weeks hun.x

• Posted

that sounds right however they cant say for definite as they csnt foresee how yiu are afterwards.

some people need a bit longer to rest before coming home.

I had my surgery Monday morning and went home Wednesday lunchtime.

I wasnt happy to go home before then as I had bad cramps the day after which is normal after this OP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.