advice please! can anyone relate to my symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all, in 2011 i went to my doctor as the top joint in my index finger was aching, had all blood tests done everything was deg except i had inflamation, was refered to a rhumatologist she wasnt sure what arthritis i had, however wouldnt perscribe me any medication as i had raised liver enzymes, had all tests done for liver and nothing showed up as i felt fine i didnt go back to rhumatologist, november 2014 i started getting pain in the bottom joint in big toe i thought it was a bunion and after a couple of days the pain went, i had no redness heat or swelling either, then january my finger joint started aching agian and the joint at the bottom of my thumb started aching and paining whent back to my doctor who tested me for arthritis etc and said results were normal but wuld refer me back to consultant anyway. does this sound like the start of ra? my joints ache more than hurt i dont swell no heat or redness im able to carry on normal life and go to two excercise classes a week, i find if im out in the cold my joints ache more, can anyone relate to this? lynsey  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello lynsey. Which blood tests did your GP do? If it was the Rheumatoid factor, even if that wasn't raised it doesn't confirm one way or the other. A rheumatologist will do all the necessary blood tests because it could be a number of things.
    • Posted

hi i had all he relevant arthritis ones, had the rhumatoid factor done which came back negative. he said there wasnt much to go by but would refer me back anyway. also i dont have any stiffness. got rhumatologist next week
    • Posted

It's good you have your appointment next week I'm sure the rheumatologist will put your mind at rest. At my appointment the consultant was very thorough and I had about 6 vials of blood taken as well as X-rays. I'm sure you'll have the same.
  • Posted

does this sound like the start of ra?
    • Posted

It's possible lynsey but it could be arthritis. It's better to wait until you've seen the Rheumatologist. You could speculate for ever. Try not to worry and write all your symptoms down to take with you. I did that because it's very easy to get distracted with the doctors questions and you forget to tell him/her everything you want to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.