advice please....finally 3rd GP and......

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello this is my second post my first was doctors not listening. I have now seen my 3rd GP and he has at last agreed to take me seriously.

I'm having steroid injections in a fan shape on Saturday morning to see if I can get some relief from it being as it is now both feet that's the issue.

I have read all the info I could find online about them but I would like to hear from real people with real suffering that's had the injections please...

Doc says I won't be able to walk or drive after. How long will this be for? I currently am walking with one crutch but should I take both to the doctors if I'm unable to walk?

Also I have heard a lot about after pain and how it didn't help can you tell me ur good or bad experiences please.

Also I have read that the injections can cause rupture of the fascia has anyone experienced that?

Thank you everyone

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks, yeah, go for it... every 1lb you lose makes a x10 effect on your feet.   try giving up wheat and dairy - will kill you for a week but then its fine - in fact i tried a biccie today and it tasted sickly sweet which really shocked me.  I eat as much as i want and just make sure my fridge is full of frut and veg.  i dont count calories or anything. the rheumatologist explained to try and get vits and fruit and sugar early in day, carbs and veggies middle of day for energy and protein in eve to give your body the stuff it needs to repair.  Dont know how it worked - think its a combo of losing weight; getting more vits; lowering wheat and dairy; i think its all a combination of stuff really. All i can say is give it a go; get determined; my bloke thinks i look 10 years younger and just loves it all; my PF went almost immediately but achiles tendnitis and sesamoiditis took longer to get rid of but cant tell you how much better you will feel.  But i'd still ask for the ultrasound to make sure nothing else wrong.   Go for it!  

Good luck!  

With respect to the jabs, then 1/2 the docs seems to refuse to do them as they may cause more harm than good and half seem to do them so jury seems to be out on that one. However, personally i;d try everything else first as the jab is just to lower inflammation so you are not gettingrid of the underlying issue. Start off with serious serious icing. Whilst rubbish long term, wearing high heels not bad for PF sufferers as stretches the relevent tendon. 

• Posted

I'm going to still ask for the ultrasound/mri because like I said I think there is more to it too.

Thank you for all ur advice :-)

• Posted

The X-ray will show the inflammation of the tendon

It's pretty obvious in the pic

• Posted

if there is a gap in the tendon, its ruptured (mega pain)

If inflammed, it will be thickened and ask the radiographer to show you how thick it is (thicker it is more damage) - they will be able to show you and you should be able to compare the 2 feet and ask what it shoudl look like. 

it might be that you have a bursa and this will also be shown on the ultrasound - so ask them about this and to show you. This will go away in time and is where the fluid filled sac which enables bones and tendons to move smoothly, gets inflammed.   Make sure you ask if you have busitis as well as PF. 

Also ask if there is any evidence of sesamoiditis. If there is, then you need soft shoes or insoles to spread the pressure across your toes and off the big toe until its healed a bit.   So make sure you ask a) is the tendon ruptured or torn b) how thick is it - i.e. how bad is it? c) is there a bursitis anywhere causing you more pain d) is there any evidence of sesamoiditis at all. the only other thing you could ask is to ask if there is any evidence of osteo arthritis in your foot, specially big toe.   The answers to these questions will then enable you to get the right treatment. The GP might have simply referred you for PF but they will be able to tell all the above on an ultrasound but you should ask as easy peasy and go with the questions written down. The above need different treatments but as you are in so much pain, worth knowing exactly how much is wrong.  Nothing much else is likely other than the above unless you are diabetic.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.