Advice please, GERD/Gastrisis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

So I've had quite bad pains almost constantly for weeks, unsure yet what's wrong until camera has been done but GERD/Gastrisis looks likely. The pain has settled down a lot now thanks to omeprazole/gaviscon, but still flares up, it could be their in a morning until much time, then go for the rest of the day, or come on in the afternoon for a few hours. Is this normal? Getting worried now. It's under my ribs, left and middle, and feels worse when sitting.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i get  this too for the last 7 months. does it feel like buring to you ?
    • Posted

Yeah usually, depending how bad it goes it can go to a tender feeling then a cramp. These last few days it's not been too bad to be honest it's not getting bad it's staying mild which could be because of the omeprazole. I go for my camera soon hopefully so I'll let you know what they say. Does yours sound the same?
    • Posted

yeah sounds just like that. it came out of knowhere. it got a lot worse after i had a stoamch surgery. im trying to come off ompeperazle as they are bad for long term use and been on them for 2 years
  • Posted

I have chronic gastritis and barrettes esophagus. I take 40 mg of omeprezole twice a day, eat six small meals a day and avoid caffeine,spicy food or with high acidity no alcohol and quit smoking. It seems to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.