advice please increase from 20mg to 30mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just checking in again. I'm on day 21 of an increase to 30mg after been taking 20mg for 9 months. I'm waking up at 4am with terrible anxiety and racing thoughts. Can't eat anything. No motivation to leave the house. Anyone Else have this experience ?? I'm giving up hope !!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey smile ... U just need to ride through it unfortunately. When increasing doseage most people find the side effects come back especially increased anxiety while they settle in your system. I increased mine from 30 to 40 and it made me very weepy and sad for about a week or 2... Stick it out and things will improve smile....  It can be like starting the tabs all over again for some people. Dont give up.. Iv done it twice now...xxx
    • Posted

Thanks a mil for your response :-) Really Can't wait to feel better. 
  • Posted

MiaRuRu,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. With an increase of dosage you are going to feel some effects. I just went up from 20mg to 40mg yesterday and though not that many days I am feeling the effects. I wake up in the mornings with real bad anxiety and feeling confused and like my head is not attached to my body. I feel like I am laying in bed and not actually there and dont want to ever get out of bed. My doctor gave me a prescription for 0.25 Xanax to hold me over until my new dosage kicks in and has helped. I would just say stay on them and give it time. The light is at the end of the tunnel. 

I came off my pills cold turkey about 2 months ago after being on them for 8 years and I hit rock bottom. I am slowly digging my way out and I know you can do. The pills will work and when you get through this rought time you will look back and think wow that was a few crazy weeks. 

• Posted

Thanks so much Yadeed :-) I'm hanging in there ! Hopefully I feel the increase soon. 
  • Posted

Mia, I had that experience... How are you doing today? Let's talk ... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.